Told the JW sister to stop going on about JW stuff!

by TimothyT 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

The past 7 months since being disfellowshipped have been filled with nothing but happiness for me, however one sister said she wasnt going to give up on me. How nice. We have remaiend friends and we spend some time together every month doing work which is her excuse. Im happy to see her and we always have a good laugh. We also talk a lot about spiritual things, but lately i have noticed that she is getting more and more frustrated and tired of waiting for me to return to the borg.

After several chats in which i did not tell her all my feelings, i feel that allowing this to continue is hurting myself, her and our friendship. This weekend therefore i decided it was time to level with her in an email, telling her that im not returning, that im happily in a relationship and that i wont be attending the memorial. Also i told her that i dont believe this organisation whatsoever and i think the bible is the true authority. The response was a little gut wrenching for me.

She said it was a sad email which made her feel devastated. She then says: "it makes me so sad because i know that you are wrong and that youve become misled. i will never stop asking Jehovah to help you to see this". I instantly thought about the scripture where Jesus tells a man that he cannot extract the twig from his friends eye when he has a log in his own. After so many discussions, i have come to the opinion that her feeling i have been misled is totaly down to point of view. I think she has been misled and im sure many of you would agree. In reality though, i certain im right when i say she is the one who is being truly misled. The bible is SO different to what the borg are teaching and the JWs NEED to wake up and see it for their own sakes. Otherwise they will forever be like sheep without a real shepherd but followers of men.

I like this sister very much and i hope that we can continue our friendship but i have now made it plain that such friendship MUST be based on uncondtional love and NOT based upon me returning to the borg which isnt going to happen. I dont know... sometimes the way these people think is NUTS! The level of mind control and the authority that the borg has over their lives is immense... AND SCARY!

Tim xxx

• sinis
    sinis

I would tell her how you feel, and cite your examples. You never know...

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

I agree with sinis. You have come this far, so why not go a little further. She has not shunned you completly yet, so there is a little opening for you. There are a few friends I wish I could save, but they are not ready for it. I was able to help one friend see the light, but he was already inactive and I don't know if he had doubts, but when I reasoned with him on some of the bible stories, he saw the light and then I introduced him to our dear brother Ray Franz. He is on this site occasionally now so maybe he will chime in.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Honesty, just be honest with her. She can disagree but u are being honest with her. She may come around

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Timothy T: Its hard to get those in the BORG to understand where your coming from because they have been drinking the kool-aid for so long. I was an elder for a while and couldn't see the truth about the truth. I was baptized at 16 too young as you know, but it's the BORGS way to capture people so they can control you. (This is most definitely a CULT) never thought I would ever believe it or say it, but since being a fader for 8 years it has become obvious.

My friend ex360shipper helped me to see what was going on in the BORG. For that I will be forever grateful to him,because it's helped me to heal and not feel so guilty about leaving. He asked me did I know about Ray Franz and I said "huh" I know that Fred Franz was a president of the society at one time, but Ray Franz NO.

He brought me up to speed and told me about one of his books "Crisis of conscience " I bought it and read it and it opened my eyes to what was going on at the top with the G.B. Man was I pissed at what they were doing. If Ray had not wrote those books we would still be in the dark. " In search of Christian freedom" was his second book more eye opening information. Like yourself, I care about those trapped inside the BORG and they don't realize how deep in the mire they really are. Your friend won't see what you see until she backs away a little, then she may be receptive to what you know.

They only will look at literature that the Watchtower produces and are told to stay away from any other source of information. If they truly have the truth the truth would stand up to any outside source of criticism. That's why they are so afraid of us reading other material. (MIND CONTROL) they even admit to it in their publications.

Dont give up on your friend maybe one day she will wake up.

Christian love, kojack57

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Tim,

So basically she's saying that it makes her sad to see you happy? She thinks that you should give up following Jesus in order to slave under the yoke of Watchtower Corporation?

• jam
    jam

It irritate me to no end when A JW tell you "you are

wrong and that you,ve become Misled. Please

enlighten me, Iam so ignorant. I left A organization

that knew all the answers to life mysteries, how to

have A happy family life, special insight in understanding

God,s word. Why would anyone with any normal ability to

think or reason give that up. I hate people that lie.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Yeah well.... you can never really know what motivates people to act & speak the way they do. Some seem to need the feeling of certainty and a sky-daddy so much that they never leave the JWs. But living your life based on reality and proven facts is the best way to live.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Hi Tim,

What an interesting post. You are one of the people I remember very clearly from when I first started coming here in the early summer of last year. Now this post from you corresponds very closely indeed with my own experience.

(Just to fill you in, in case you've missed my posts, I came very, very close to baptism this spring, was publishing for many months, just escaped when reality dawned, somewhat traumatically last month.)

I made what seemed to me to be some real friends in the congregation over the last 2 years. Two sisters here, and one in another congregation, are, I can tell, genuinely distressed on a personal level that I've left, though many more, plus brothers, are love-bombing me and visiting me playing various roles in trying to get me to come back.

What you wrote corresponds with the sisters who I feel are, or could be real friends, especially an elderyl sister in a nearby congregation. She is genuinely upset. Yet all three can't see beyond the sadness of my leaving, my turning my back on Jehovah, as they see it, and refusing the "chance of life".You wrote:

She then says: "it makes me so sad because i know that you are wrong and that youve become misled. i will never stop asking Jehovah to help you to see this".

It's almost uncanny! That's virtually word for word what is being said to me. You, Tim, come over as actually stronger than me. Because these are people I genunely like, and because I recognise that they genuinely like me, my normal clarity of thought gets confused, not so much while I'm talking to them but afterwards.

I really admire you. I remember that you were brought up with the JW's and you have been incredibly brave and strong-minded to liberate yourself in so many ways. Hats off to you, Tim!

• nugget
    nugget

Timothy you may lose your friend and that is sad. Unfortunately unless someone is in the right mental place to listen then it doesn't matter how smart or clear your points are they just don't take them in. They are distracted by the idea that you are walking away from the truth and will therefore die. They also can't contemplate that someone elses point of view might be valid.

She hasn't heard that you are happy, she hasn't heard that you are a person of faith she has only acknowledged that you do not share her faith. You do not fit the mould of ex JWs, miserable people who are making a mess of their lives desperate to get back but feeling unworthy to live up to Bible standards. As you do not follow the stereotype she can't process it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit