"Crisis of Conscience" and "In Search of Christian Freedom" in stock at Amazon.

by ScenicViewer 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RayPublisher
  • cultBgone
    cultBgone
    Current Amazon prices are $49.21 for paperbacks.
  • Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Most of the ones now available are used. Even so, well worth the investment. I've never had a problem ordering used books from Amazon.com - doesn't show up, just complain. If the ad says good condition and it comes to you in pieces, just let Amazon know and they will fix it for you.

Funny story: My first copy was an original version. A few years later, Ray put out a new edition with some corrections and minor additions. The facts and tone of the book did not change at all, but just time for an update. So I ordered a new edition from Amazon (about $21-29) at the time. The one I got had an insert in it with a list of about 100 minor changes from the early version.

I go to a meetup with some recently out JWs. I took the old book and long with and old copy another famous book, "Apocalype Delayed." I was going to just give them away. The meetup group was mostly gay and newbie JWs that had recently left. Not a single request from any of them. Blew me away. Here I was giving away copies of probably the two most famous critical JW related books - and no one wanted them.

JV

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Is it possible in any way to have someone get the rights to publish these books or are they going to be permanently out of print?

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Dan and Debbie Dykstra supposedly own the copyright but are apparently not interested in letting anyone order them anymore and it is a pity IMO.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Dan and Debbie Dykstra supposedly own the copyright but are apparently not interested in letting anyone order them anymore and it is a pity IMO.

Foolish of them. They might as well make a few bucks on it if they can, because today, copyright means nothing. Everything like new movies, books, etc are all available at Pirate Bay or Kickass torrents before they hit CD/DVD.

I'm sure pdf copies are easily available and always will be. These are even better for JWs to read on their iPads while they are sitting through boring meetings at the Kingdom Hall.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit