has anyone tried to "study" and get baptized again in a far away congregation?

by Sofi 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sofi
    Sofi

....so you didn't have to go through the process of being reinstated? please, share your experiences!

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

I used to think about that as a kid, but why would anyone do that? Unless you are some sort of predator using the org as a cover I can't think of a real reason to do this.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Serious??

The majority who leave do so for very good reason and know way too much about the WTS.

Why would anyone admit that here anyway?? Many from the WTS read JWN, that's a weird question, unless you're trying to get more info on this

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

Hi and welcome, Sofi!

Just wanted to welcome you. I cannot answer your question as I'm a never-jw, but with friends and family in. I did "study" with

two very pleasant ladies, but couldn't cope with the bias, rules and being told what questions to ask, what to believe and how to feel about it!

. Honestly don't know how anyone else could either.

From your earlier post about the convention, you didn't seem to be entirely at one with it all either; may I ask why you are interested in reinstatement?

Retro

• hoser
    hoser

I know of someone who did

• AnneB
    AnneB

When my ex was DF'd, one of the brothers on his committee actually suggested that; go to another congregation, start another study, and get rebaptized. Really. I didn't think a brother (elder!) would ever say that, but one did.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I had heard a rumour way back in the day about a family that was df'd, they moved to a different area and then took a study froma local JW. I guess they later did an assembly part and someone recognized them. So the rumour goes......

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Interesting question, a pedophile might attempt this method of getting close to young children again. Strange couples or individual publishers would show up, give a false name or bogus congregation, only to leave before their real name is discovered. There was a disfellowshiped couple from the North, who showed up to our Hall with no money or job. We soon discovered after a month they were dishonest, conmen who played the brothers and sisters for a nice sum.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I totally understand your question Sofi. I doesn't always mean that a person who considers this is has bad motives, but still personally I don't think it would be a good idea.

I can see how it would be a way of being accepted and not having the stigma attached as having been disfellowshipped, but it would be dishonest to do. Usually, from what I have seen, a person who gets reinstated is often still considered "Marked" by some, and the fact that they were DF'd will haunt them for life, as they will always be looked on by some people as the person who used to be disfellowshipped. But, it goes with the territory of being a JW, and countless thousands have been through it.

The Headquarters has records of you anyways, and there is always a chance that they would put two and two together, and you would be disfellowshipped again, and you would be considered as being deceitful on top of that.

Abusers could use this "loophole" to continue their bad deeds in other congregations without getting caught, so it wouldn't be a good idea to do or recommend to others.

Personally, if it were me, I would just try to get reinstated the proper way, as it would be dishonest and deceitful to do otherwise.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello Sofi and welcome. This idea wouldn't work in the UK lol..it's a small world in the 'truth' especially here, someone always knows someone from a previous cong. It would seem an ironic restart to living life as an 'honest' Christian don't you think? I'm not sure what reason could inspire this except to get family back and they'd know the facts so.....?

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit