Why the Governing Body is not Evil

by garbonzo 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

BY THEIR FRUITS YOU WILL KNOW THEM!

The GB produce rotten 'overlapping' fruit. If they are not evil they certainly are worse!

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

I agree with your OP, Garbonzo. I think the WTBTS leaders have (mostly) been genuinely deluded.

Heinlein's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I think to make it an argument about evil misses the point. Let me use our jobs and work to illustrate this.

Most companies have underperforming employees, supervisors, etc. Many underperformers try to distract from their poor performance by creating drama, and/or making the issue about something else. The goal? To eliminate, or minimize their accountability. They want to keep their jobs, but they don't want to be accountable for the work, or quality of work that they do.

Experience has taught me that when someone is talking too much, or explaining too much, there is a problem. Remind anyone here of a certain cult of our acquaintance?

People, as well as companies and religions who do this may not be "evil". That doesn't matter. Who cares about motives? Were you right or wrong? Are you humble enough to admit that in your past, you botched it up? Or is it someone else's fault, like apostates? (or your boss at work, or that dumb new computer program, or the new hire that prevents you from doing your job)

Excuses are everywhere, and people or organizations that are into them won't get anywhere. Evil doesn't matter. The fact is, the GB was wrong, and continues to promote errors as fact. That is their grandfathered right as a religion in this country. But don't sit their and say that apostates have it in for them. Former JWs just are tired of their lies, and their efforts to spin their shit and revise history.

When it comes to the GB(whom I met while at Gilead) I would hate for anyone to be under the assumption that they are sweet and naive men of faith. They are indeed "captives of a concept" and do believe their own shit. But they know the history of the organization. They know what they got wrong, and sadly, there is just too much to lose for them to admit that. And trust me, they like their power, they have agendas. It's never about the flock, it's never about YOU, it's always about them and their power.

• heathen
    heathen

right, so jeff what you're saying is that they are evil , thanks for the input . They just distract from their mistakes by blaming the rest of not doing enough thereby fullfilling the role of the evil slave and since they are afraid of people seeing the facts, profess innocences while accusing the rest of being incompetent for thinking on their own . excellent point .

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Heathen, to be honest, evil lurks everywhere if you want to go there. Sure, the GB can be and has been "evil". That description also plays right into their hands with da flock.

I will simply refer to them as "profoundly misinformed as to their standing with god".

• 00DAD
    00DAD

OK let's review. The GB lies. It is evil to lie. They are hypocrites. That too is evil. They cover-up their mistakes. This is corruption which is also evil. They beat their followers as described in Jesus parable of the Evil Slave. Guess what? There's another evil thing they do!

Need more?

• heathen
    heathen

They let the church protect pedophiles with a 2 witness rule , they murder members by pressuring them into refusing needed medical procedures . i even wonder if those occutlic pictures in the mags and pubs aren't there for the purpose of voodoo .It's true if you look at some of the art it has satanic symbols , we've looked at it on the board before .

• Londo111
    Londo111

" Men will expel YOU from the synagogue. In fact, the hour is coming when everyone that kills YOU will imagine he has rendered a sacred service to God."--John 16:2

If a person believes they are rendering sacred service to God, does that make their actions less evil? Therefore, if the Governing Body, though believing they are rendering sacred service, say forbid blood transfusions, and people die because of that, does it make them less bloodguilty?

In the past they:

* Forbid organ transplants.

* Refused to let people take alternative service and thus thousands went to jail.

* They let their people in Malawi suffer over a "political" card, while allowing those in Mexico to bribe officials into giving them a card to show they served a year in the military.

* They refused to allow victims of child abuse and their families to talk to the authorities.

And these are just a few of their favorite thingsā€¦

Did they intend to be evil? I highly doubt it. Did their actions cause evil effects? Resoundingly Yes!

• heathen
    heathen

Ohh common , saying the , the road to hell is paved with good intentions , isn't an excuse . The devil always transforms hiself into an angel of light.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Did they intend to be evil? I highly doubt it. Did their actions cause evil effects? Resoundingly Yes!

Evil is as evil does

or as Punkofnice said: BY THEIR FRUITS YOU WILL KNOW THEM!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit