How can I be "COOL" on JWN?

by Silent_Scream 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

@bio, I don't see that as so much the case. I've been here 3 years and have over 1000 posts... Kinda far from being in the "in" crowd around here, though. I think it's more that a lot of people here know each other "for real" outside the board. I mean, FlyingHighNow and TimeBandit are actually related for real... I'm related to another poster here who hasn't been here in forever. A lot of others have given verbal support via telephone and in-person meetings. It's kinda hard when a lot of people still wish to remain anonymous. If you don't "know" someone outside of JWN, you're pretty much just more words on a screen. They're still willing to be supportive, but there isn't that close comeraderie like when you ACTUALLY know someone...ya know?

• still thinking
    still thinking

What is a hater anyway?....I'm gonna ask shamus when he gets back...he seems to know...and he knows how to cure them....

• still thinking
    still thinking

morbidz....I'm just words on a screen?....you cut me deep...but you could be right

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If you don't personally look cool (have great boobs or athletic look for a guy) then try a hat and sunglasses like I do. Now that's cool. If it won't work with your looks, then post the avatar picture of a celebrity that isn't an old guy or a lady known for something other than her looks (like maybe her cleavage). Some become cool despite their avatar by asking a million questions, some of which are pretty cool.

Cool is superficial. Don't bother with it here. Just be yourself. If you aren't cool, that's cool.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL, the less you post here, the cooler you are! When you stop posting completely, you have reached the ultimate coolness. It's an elusive goal.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Create a new JWN character, totally not yourself. Name it "Joe Cool from Coolsville" or "The Fonz Left Milwaukee" or some other cool name you can come up with. Create a fake background of living on the edge of the Watchtower for the sake of JW grandparents (cooler than parents) who were dying of some terrible disease, then explain how you only got baptized for their sake. Explain how you were "doing" the presiding overseer's daughter and that saved you from several JC's until you were discovered in a three-way with the C.O.'s wife and daughter and it all hit the fan.

That would be cool.

• talesin
    talesin

Wearing sunglasses is always cool. And the 'right' leather jacket, of course.

t

• highdose
    highdose

don't make up threads asking people how to be cool would be a start not using the word cool would also help as "cool" isn't "cool" any more

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Cool is always cool but if you disagree, I am cool with that. Those of us who are cool fully understand any frustration. And using "cool" in conversation too much shows how desparate you are to convince the cool that you are one of the cool. So don't do that, it ain't cool.

• mP
    mP

Agree with Lars.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit