What has or would motivate you to attend an Ex-JW meet up...

by Tuesday 38 Replies latest jw friends

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

I've never heard of any near me in the UK

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Oh I forgot chance to get preached to. Seriously guys, this is fantastic information.

A second question here if I could press a little further; what's the furthest you'd be willing to go to an ex-JW meet up if you knew you'd be able to meet some former JWs you really like when there?

• Dagney
    Dagney

I went from LA to Toronto in 2007 for a giant meetup, my first. I still have good friends from that one. That was really WILD.

I plan on going to the UK sometime and definitely will meetup with people over there. And maybe even Australia.

We had Hopscotch and JWFacts visit us here, oh and Hotchocolate all from down under. Bubble and SAB from the UK. Lenny from Virginia, can't remember the exact name came out here.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Mag I think u forgot u met me when u made your comment.

I really have fun meeting up. Been to several, I think the largest group was 12. We have so many ex jdubs in LA, but getting together has been a problem

• TOTH
    TOTH

Social interaction with people of a common background.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Assorted meats & cheeses, open bar, golden calf. I will overstay my welcome.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

golden calf lol

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

Could we have it in an abandoned mental hospital since we are all so mentally diseased??

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I've been to many Meet ups or Apostafests, and have met 40-50 people, many from this board. Meeting people in real life is much different than the anonymity of talking with people on the internet. In general, I have found people to be more relaxed, and you get a better feeling of what they are really like because you get to look at them while talking instead of a keyboard. I have never had a negative experience, and would recommend meeting up with others whenever you get the chance. Another interesting thing is that sometimes people look completely different than what we have imagined when we are used to only seeing an avatar.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I would love to attend an apostafest - I'd be willing to travel a considerable distance. We actually talked about going out to Lake Tahoe this year, but we had too many other committments. We live in the far southern end of Illinois, so going pretty much anywhere interesting is going to require travel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit