REAL life of a JW!

by Silent_Scream 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• Silent_Scream
    Silent_Scream

WHAT? But the new system is filled with ponies flying over rainbows while pooping out bunnies...

No, but seriously, a new earth is NOTHING like how any of us can imagine. Our minds are limited. But the way EVERY organization is being run today, it proves true Jeremiah 10:23:

I well know, O Jehovah, that to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.

The problem with organizations, is they don't see the root of the failed policies/prophecies are THEMSELVES. It's worse for religious organizations because they continue to believe God is backing them, and the people follow. But Adam and Eve had no books/guidelines. They were given 1 command, and left alone.

Think about it, they were simply told to procreate to the point of filling the earth.

• Andrew Sh
  • Andrew Sh
  • Silent_Scream
    Silent_Scream

Compatability mode, if using IE

• Zordino
    Zordino

Its so Sad because its so True. I was a "born in" and I can relate very Well. Hang in there Silent Scream.

Actual Picture of a baby Borg:

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

WOw that summery is spot on! If you can predict almost down to the letter what someones response will be without asking them isn't this solid proof we are all brainwashed?

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

lisavegas420: yes that excerpt is really scary. My mother is a known Apostate and has suffered multiple bipolar manic episodes and several electroshock therapy procedures. She is handicapped and going down hill fast. In fact she recently had another episode and now my half sister is taking care of her at home. My sister was not born in and has done wonderful things for herself. She is graduating college soon and she has been in the foreign exchange student program I think. I'm afraid she thinks I'm a worthless piece of dung for not helping her with mom. I haven't spoken with her since I was baptised and it just cuts me to the bone. My wife hasn't cracked yet and refuses to have anything to do with her. The last time I did talk with her I hung up the phone in tears. Mom blames the JW's for her mental stuff and I think she might be at least half right.

• Andrew Sh
    Andrew Sh

Silent Scream

Using Firefox now not Internet Explorer - thanks for that!!! And thanks for a great post. Bookmarked.

How glad I am never to have been a JW. I guess people sort of know its bad, but reading the life stories on here I see how really bad it is to be imprisoned in the Watchtower.

Just found this web site recently. Born into an agnostic vaguely Christian family, I was saved/ born again at Keele University, Stoke-on-Trent, England. My parents only stepped foot into Churches at Christmas and at weddings, but also in their childhood.

I'm going to post to see if this finally works!

• Andrew Sh
    Andrew Sh

CuriousUK,

I would love to help you.. you can find me on Facebook - Andrew Shanks - Wolverhampton.

David Reed's book "How to rescue your loved one from the Watchtower" might be good: He warns, once you have got your loved one out of the Watchtower you are only half done: you still have to get the Watchtower out of your loved one.

You need to ask yourself what is the JW's motive for communicating with a non-JW? Is it to make them a JW? If that is not their motive then surely they are some of the way out of the prison already. Perhaps all you need to do is wait patiently and be a constant friend.

You could read the books of Ray Franz "Crisis of Conscience" and "In search of Christian Freedom" but be careful to keep them hidden until the right time... and who knows when that time will be??

Read the Bible.. it doesn't lead to the JW Kingdom.. read especially the first 4 books of the New Testament, the gospels: Note the way of life of the Pharisees, the religious hypocrites, and note Jesus's condemnation of them. Note how Jesus mixed with "sinners" but the Pharisees were full of self-righteous pride, and looked down on everyone except themselves (John chapter 9v34). The aim here is to hope that he will see the pettyness of the rules of the JW world, and the hardness of its leadership for himself. So yuou could somehow try to get him to look at the desription of the Pharisees in the gospels: perhaps ask him who killed Jesus and why did they kill him? I don't know how much religious talk crops up between him and you - but note he likes you just the way you are, and any big change of behaviour on your part could jeopardise the friendship(?)

It is surprising in itself that it was religious people, even very religious people who got Jesus killed. Perhaps you could be surprised at that and tell him so.. it ought toi be hard to believe that those who professed to follow Moses (you shall love your neighbour as yourself, Moses' Leviticus 19v18) could become so vicious. Perhaps ask your friend to show you everything in the Bible about the Pharisees. If you can get him showing you passages in the Bible without reference to the Watchtower then you are on the right road.

But hey, what do I know, these others have been there, and are invited to point out this may be easier saiud than done, I'm sure. comments/criticisms welcome!!

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

I've experienced most of this too even though I wasn't born in ( which to me now, looking back, is worse. Born ins have no choice, I actually made that choice myself :( ... )

I can remember being told that I had to stop seeing my gf at the time I started studying, I did. That was 24 years ago, I spoke to her recently and she still remembers clearly me doing that to her, I'm ashamed.

I was also told to stay well clear of a number of the sisters because they would want to marry a young, hard core newbie like me and it would distract me from the full time ministry. I just thought that's what everyone did and went along with it. I saw first hand elders lying, elders fighting, brothers smoking, drugs, cheating on partners etc and for some crazy reason those aren't the things that made me leave, those things didn't make me think about things till a long time after I had left.

Incidently, the incredibly hard core witness I originally studied with and told me who I could see and could talk with started (during studying with me) seeing a non baptised witness, funny eh..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit