REAL life of a JW!

by Silent_Scream 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• Notreadytorun
    Notreadytorun

sounds like me! Im waking up from what i thought was a lovely dream and slowly realising it wasnt real, and i really want to fall back to sleep again. because of the reasons you mentioned (family, friends) its so much harder to leave than it it is to just ignore what i know and stay "in"

was feeling so lonely today (husband has gone from being so supportive to being self righteous hypocrite!) but now not so much.

• Freeof1914
    Freeof1914

One of the best posts I have read here, excellent.I am 30 yrs old and was also born and raised in the org. My wife and I are in the same situation you mentioned, the elders continue to ask her if I have tried to persuade her with my views. I have not preached or been to a meeting in two months. Although it hurts to be treated the way you said, I can honesty say that in this short time I have found better friends outside than what I ever had in the org. It was only a matter of me opening up myself to talk to people and tell them a little about myself. I hope everything works out.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Silent-This post definitely touches a nerve for me. I grew up with the same circumstances and ridiculous JW sayings that you did. Being commended for being faithful, then it turns around to being not humble. All the things we missed out on.

My daughter commented yesterday that it was against the bible to have birthday parties. I told her, 'actually, the bible doesn't say anything about birthday parties being bad', so she amended it to, 'we believe birthday parties are bad'. I'm hoping that by continually pointing out that things we are taught are true, really aren't in the bible at all, or are corrupted to sound a certain way, to keep control of everyone.

• Silent_Scream
    Silent_Scream

Thanks for the comments! It is rough to deal with, admittedly. I need more courage.

• dgp
    dgp

Bookmarked.

• Silent_Scream
  • d
    d

I have to admit life was hard as JW and now I see life from a different perspective.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Your post says everything! I haven't said anything to anyone outside my immediate family yet but the rest.. wow!

jwstruggle .com has helped me a lot..

• CuriousUK
    CuriousUK

Being a non JW (but with a strong connection to a JW) I find this fascinating. It really helps me understand what his life must have been like growing up... He is 27 now and single.... does the fact he sends me at least four texts a day mean that "officially" we are dating?

A serious question.... I do not want you to think I am making light of the situation

• Silent_Scream
    Silent_Scream

If the elder is a hard-line, yes. No joke.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit