Preaching on rainy days... What a joke!

by OneDayillBeFree 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

So here I am, sitting in a 4 door "theocratic" car, with 2 other ubber dubs in a gas station. Seriously I must have some kind of record posting on here while in doing "spiritual things"! Of course, my smartphone does help! But anyway why is today such a difference from other days out in service??

Well, it's raining.

And not just a little drizzle!

No! It's freaking pouring out here!

Theres absolutely no one outside right now! And whoever is out is in no way trying to have a religious conversation!

I mean could you imagine talking about the how god will lovingly kill you if you do not take our damn magazines while it pours?!

What an amazing WASTE of time! You couldn't find a better way to waste your life seriously! Like who else does this??? I'm about to tell these brothers that I have to go do something and just head for home and sleep in like a normal person. I mean one thing is preaching on a beautiful saturday, where you wish you could just be doing something else but on rainy days like this, I mean c'mon!

All these guys are really doing is counting time! Now they want to go to Starbucks!

Did you guys ever do "the lords" preaching work on rainy days?! Any interesting experiences stories??

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

Oh and have you ever gotten a watchtower & awake wet before?? Actually any publication from the Borg wet turns to toilet paper!!

Especially those memorial invitations!

• Robdar
    Robdar

Knocking on doors and pestering citizens is a joke. It doesnt matter what day of the week it is or what the weather is doing. And if you know it's a joke, then why da hell are you out there doing it??? I dare you to lead a mutiny in your car assignment. I double dare you to never go out in field circus again.

""Emanicpate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds."~~Bob Marley

• blondie
    blondie

Probably have a time quota to meet, 30, 50, 70 hours. I have seen jws do rvs, bible studies, or apartment buildings (front doors inside) but more often telephone witnessing. I doubt they are doing d2d outside, gets the publications wet. They have to get the Memorial tracts out somehow. Maybe they'll drop a pile in a laundromat, or gas stations, convenience stores.

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

Believe me Robdar, if I could I would leave right now! And never look back! But there are other things here beyond my control that are preventing me from reaching my freedom!

But trust me when I tell you,

One day I WILL be free!

Hence my name...

For now all I can do is wait, be patient and endure.

I hope you and others can understand.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Free, I certainly understand. Believe me, I've been there. I'm just trying to let you know how wonderful it will be when you are finally out.

Take good care, friend.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

You know what we did during Memorial season when we had to go and hand out those ridiculous invitations and it was pouring? The elder who led our group handed out Ziploc bags and had us put an invitations in each one and leave the whole thing at the door!! "So it doesn't get wet while it waits for the householder".

Sorry you're stuck out in Field Circus in the rain. I definitely don't miss that... Rain, snow, extreme heat, allergy season... The Society KNOWS door-to-door doesn't work (which is evidence that they're lying to the masses when they say it's "still the most effective means of reaching sheeplike ones"). It's simply "busy work" so that the JW's have no life and don't have time to really research and question things. It also serves to solidify their teachings in the minds of those who are passing on their message. So it's dual-purpose. Notice that usually when someone starts researching or doubting, the first thing they tell them is to make sure they're doing "personal study" and get out in service more. It's all part of conditioning, controlling, and making sure no one questions anything. You can't question things if you don't have time for it and you're constantly being absorbed in talking about it, thinking about it, reading about it, etc.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The thing I liked doing in field circus when it rained was fogging up the windows. I would hope to get them all the way fogged up, so they would waste 10 minutes trying to clear them. A complete waste of my time, but at least I am not getting dragged into a call on someone with chicken legs or that repeatedly spits blood into a mayonnaise jar.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well,actually,I liked going out on rainy days. Because,that meant,only return visits,and long breaks,yeah,I admit,I was there just to get in time.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

those days usually turned into a breakfast run for me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit