• Lore
    Lore

I was 9

• Notreadytorun
    Notreadytorun

i was 10

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

i know someone who was baptised at 9 and started regular pioneering at 10 (homeschooled, got dragged around with her pioneer mum) and is still going 10 years later. She had no proper education, no life experience and seems a bit scared of the real world.

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I was 10 when baptized. Most of my JW friends were in the same boat. Those who weren't baptized weren't considered "real JWs" even though their parents were.

JV

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Sorry - system double posted...

JV

• loosie
    loosie

My mother was 8 when she got baptized in the 30's

• blondie
    blondie

I had an elder justify young baptisms because according to the WTS the prophet Samuel was 3 to 5 years old when he started serving at the temple...

*** w90 8/1 p. 10 par. 1 Happy Youths in Jehovah’s Service ***

YOUNG Samuel may have been only three to five years old when he began “ministering” at Jehovah’s tabernacle in Shiloh. One of his duties was to open “the doors of Jehovah’s house.” The Bible says that “Samuel was growing bigger and more likable both from Jehovah’s standpoint and from that of men.” When grown, he brought Israel back to true worship. He served God “all the days of his life.” Even when he was “old and gray” he was still urging the people to “fear Jehovah, and . . . serve him in truth.” Would it not be wonderful if people were able to say these fine things about you just as the Bible says them about Samuel?—1 Samuel 1:24; 2:18, 26; 3:15; 7:2-4, 15; 12:2, 24.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit