JW World Record - Youngest Baptism

by soiledumpling 31 Replies latest jw friends

• soiledumpling
    soiledumpling

Please let me know the age of the youngest child getting baptised.

I knew of a girl of 11 years.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The youngest reported in official WT litterature is six.

... that I know of

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was 12 and that was way too young.

Of course, now I wish I never had.

There is no way to free yourself from the control that one little action gives the WT over you for the whole of your life, even if you are DF'd or DA'd they still call the shots.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    There is no way to free yourself from the control that one little action gives the WT over you for the whole of your life, even if you are DF'd or DA'd they still call the shots.

Phizzy, how do they do that?

I think it was a faint awareness of something like this that made me refuse baptism last month, but for me it was only a vague feeling. I still don't see how it can be so, yet I see daily on this board that people feel like that.

How do they do it? How does it work?

Please excuse my ignorance.

• Emmylou
  • Emmylou
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

try a different browser Emmylou

• Emmylou
    Emmylou

OK downloaded Chrome and hoping this works.

I was baptized at six years old October 1944. So I asked my Mom not to long before she died why was I permitted to get baptized at so very young and her answer was because you wanted to. For years I had a memory of it being very cold and now I have no memory of it or where it took place. I am so glad I didn't foolishly rebaptize as some have done. What a sham.

• talesin
    talesin

Chariklo -- One example of how they can forever affect your life is with your family. Once you are disfellowshipped, family life is, for most of us, torn to shreds. By no means do they control most aspects of my life, but they do control my familial ties. Banishment is a severe punishment.

tal

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never heard of anyone younger than 6 getting baptized. However, the littera-trash insinuates that every 6 year old should be getting baptized.

Now, if they compare their perfect example (Jesus), when did Jesus get baptized according to their own Bible? Remember, according to their own doctrine, Jesus was a perfect human and, if anyone could have gotten baptized at age 6, Jesus could have. But, he was 30 when he got baptized--according to their own Bible and doctrine. Why, therefore, should they be hounding children to not follow his example in this regard and wait until they are at least 30? After all, "What would Jesus have done" so often comes up in that religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit