Happy 12th birthday to JWD / JWN (us !)

by Simon 76 Replies latest forum announcements

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks Simon, Angharad, and your children for the sacrifices you have made. This site has been a haven for me for this unique part of my past. Thanks to current and past mods. I have been here near the beginning and remember Simon in another incarnation. Every day people post for the first time so we know they are still leaving. Our experiences can help them and have helped them.

Love, Blondie

• flipper
    flipper

Happy 12 years to JWN indeed ! I joined about 5 years ago in spring 2007 and although I had not attended meetings for 3 years at that time , even then I had no idea about the WT society child abuse scandals , or read " Crisis of Conscience " or any of Steve Hassan's books on mind control . This forum gave me access to that information and made me aware of things I needed to be made aware of to totally lose the mind control within myself ! Thanks so much Simon & Angharad , it's much appreciated what you do for this board. As a born-in JW who exited at age 44 over 8 years ago - this board has been a lifesaver for me - and assisted me to see that there are SO MANY of us in the same boat , moving on with a good life after exiting the Witnesses. We can pull each other up by our bootstrings - and this board has facillitated those connections beautifully

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

What a celebration

This forum has heiped so many to feel loved and cared about and a thank you to all who have given a part of themselves to the healing process

• wasastar
    wasastar

I rarely post, however I read many of the threads several times a week. As a fader with a wife and daughter that are devoted to the watchtower, JWN helps me cope. Much cheaper than therapy. Also I learn so much by following the different discussions. I am beginning to believe that I can reason on facts rather than supposition. Thanks to all who make this possible.

Wasastar

• mouthy
    mouthy

But wasastar..be careful because the WT will try to tell your kids & wife that the devil has got you. Just keep showing them LOVE!!!
    I feel for you .... I hope & pray their minds will unlock

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Ok now i feel old. ;)

Grateful this site existed back in 2002 though. :)

• Mary
    Mary
    Simon said: We now have over 4 and a quarter million posts

Hey Simon, you should fill out a Service report, mark that down and send it off to Crooklyn. LOL!

Image Detail

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit