Happy 12th birthday to JWD / JWN (us !)

by Simon 76 Replies latest forum announcements

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JWN..

Thank you Simon,Angharad,Mods..

And..

Everyone who likes KFC and Molson Canadian Beer..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• yesidid
    yesidid

Dear Simon and Angharad,

You will never know how many you have helped with this refuge...........................but you certainly have made life more

bearable for hundreds if not thousands of hurting souls.

Not many people have done that in a lifetime.

My sincere thanks.

y

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Happy birthday,JWN. Thank you Simon and Angharad for all your hard work and sacrifice of time,energy and resources. Thanks to the moderators too.

Bangalore

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Wow! Happy Birthday to JWN. It's an exceptional place to find at a time when nothing else would suffice. I think it's incredible that you've kept it going and helped so many of us. You should be very proud.

Thank you both and all involved so much.

Loz x

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

@ What Happened

Another 12 it'll hopefully be a spear

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

ONE & ALL

Love 'n' Thoughts

WoZ

• besty
    besty

happy birthday JWN - thanks to Simon and Angharad for helping Sam and I on our exit.

Paul M

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Thanks Simon and Angharad, and JWN for being here when I woke up.

Happy birthday.

Cheers

Chris

• Heaven
    Heaven

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Woohoo!

LOLCAT CAKES

Azazel, wow... you are handsome. Excellent pic and thanks for sharing it with us.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Happy Birthday! Because of your board, I've met many wonderful people from all over the world in real life, it has given me some unforgettable experiences, and it has been a lifesaver at times. I can't even count the times that I have referred people here who have had questions, and the board has been an invaluable tool to help unveil the lies that The WTBTS has told.

I am thankful that you have invited everyone here from all walks of life. The board is a true melting pot which allows us to learn about different cultures and faiths, no matter where we are in the world. The best part is that we are all able to share our experiences, and learn that many others have been through some of the exact same things, which is better than any other support group could ever provide.

Through this board, I have even discovered a love for Vegemite and Musk candies! lol A while back, a friend here sent me a goody box from Australia that contained a big tube of vegemite, musk flavored lollies and life-savers as well as other neat things. Now I am hooked, and need to order a constant supply! Another time, someone sent me a Tim McGraw CD, a cowboy branding iron candlestick which I love, and they even thought of sending a nice treat for my Dog. I too have enjoyed sending a few others different goodies from my end of the world. You never know what to expect.

Even though there are the occasional misunderstandings, overall the experience has been a pleasurable one. One thing that I particularly appreciate are the true friends who realize that since we are all different, we are bound to have different thoughts and feelings, but even though we disagree on some things, we don't hold it against each other, and we are still friends at the end of the day. I love my friends from here who share the same feelings on the matter, and am thankful that we have bettered ourselves and have grown by considering each other's alternative viewpoints.

I enjoy the mixture here. Farkel, AlanF, Blondie and others have taught me things about the Watchtower that I would have never known. Leolaia is a cute, walking encyclopedia who can give us details on anything to do with Ancient times. There are others here who enjoy making people laugh, some who are right there with kind words to make others feel better when they are depressed, and some who kindly and non-judgementally challenge us to grow emotionally or spiritually. Overall, JWN is a pleasant mix of mostly just the right ingredients.

Speaking of meeting people in person, I have been to several unforgettable Meet-ups and Apostafests. It's hard to count how many people from here that I have met, but I estimate between 40-50. Most that I have met have been incredible, and because of their true sincerity, they have helped me overcome my overwhelming shyness and agoraphobia. The people that I have met from here are far nicer, more encouraging and much more genuine than most anyone that I ever knew while I was a JW.

If it weren't for JWN, I wouldn't have had any of this, and my life wouldn't be as complete as it is now.

Sorry for the long post, but I just wanted to let you know some of the Gifts that JWN has given me.

Thank you, and HAPPY 12th BIRTHDAY!!! I hope that I am still around in 8 years so I and others can wish you a Happy 20th Birthday!

• Robdar
    Robdar

Happy Birthday, JWD/JWN!

Simon and Angharad: You have done a very good thing with this forum. You have helped free so many of us. I cannot thank you enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit