Stumbled by June 2012 Awake

by breakfast of champions 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

It would appear that none of the caterpillars or locusts consumed in the article "Edible Insects—A Meal We Will Not Forget" were properly bled before eating.

• badseed
    badseed

They should be stoned immediately

• therevealer
    therevealer

LOL. Is it also odd to have such a major article about soccer, or is it just me?

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

Whatever.

Thanks to Bear Grylls I've learned to survive eating the most vile things imaginable and drinking urine in the worlds most desolate spots.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And what about the other facts in this region of Africa? I am not a fan of living in sub-Saharan Africa, especially the equatorial region. They neglected to say anything about the other sources for food, let alone how to safely prepare the insects. I would not trust them because of parasites, especially in this region of Africa and nearby (Cameroon, Nigeria, and Congo are all near and also infested with parasites). How does one safely prepare the insects to deal with this?

And there is more to this region than eating insects--which is why I would never advocate moving anywhere solely based on the Asleep! rags. This would never qualify as a "college equivalent"--I would want to see what the political climate is in those countries, what miserably hot weather to expect, the diseases that are rampant there (fungal, tuberculosis, malaria, AIDS, and other rubbish not found in temperate regions or that are rare outside this region).

It's articles like this that are supposed to be "the equivalent to a university education"? OK, so they mentioned one country I might never have heard of. But, not a peep about Cameroon, Chad, Congo, or Equatorial Guinea. Nor Nigeria, Benin, Togo, Ghana, Cote D'Ivoire, Sierra Leone, or Liberia. I could learn these things, and so much more (and more useful) facts online than through "the University of Asleep". And, what if I am interested in New Zealand instead of Central Africa when this rag comes? What if, rather than Africa, my project is South America, Europe, Asia, the South Pacific Islands, or Australia? University education?

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

therevealer >> Not really: The European Soccer Championship is on (Poland & Ukraine) - so they are just cashing in on the vibes.

• therevealer
    therevealer

True. In typical fashion they have/use an article like this to their advantage even while they practically forbid thier kids to enjoy such sports.

I just realized I hyjacked this thread away from bugs, but not really cuz I sometimes think they are bugs and the stumbled part might apply. They stumbled me by featuring sports.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Spin doctors, spin!

• tiki
    tiki

hahhaahha - it amazes me that some of you guys actually read this dribble and then get all worked up over it. is it really worth the aggravation? i personally have had enough to last me several lifetimes.... bugs don't have bloodstreams...they are all nice and crunchy and taste nutty and earthy and are a source of insignificant protein. you won't get fat on them either, unless you douse them with animal fats....or if you eat the kind that come out of the ocean and turn red when they are cooked.

happy awakenings! i wonder how many doctoral candidates have utilized wtower lit for their theses..........................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit