THE SEASON IS NEAR AT HAND!

by justmom 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Flossycat
    Flossycat

So much anger and resentment. You might like to read The Jesus Mysteries by Timothy Freke and Peter Gandy?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oooo!! I read both "The Jesus Mysteries" AND "Jesus and the Lost Goddess" - both very interesting books!!!

• Heaven
    Heaven

"Because you know what happens when you just throw seed on the unprepared ground?....

NOTHING!..."

Actually, this is a false statement. Nature seeds itself this way all the time. I had plenty of sunflowers growing on the ground underneath the birdfeeder last year. I did nothing to prepare the ground.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I know nature has a way of regenerating through self-plating/seeding, but when you want to get a specific result (gain followers) and are trying to sow/plant (preach) you can't simply think that tossing some seeds out will have any result.

What the witlesses are alluding to is not a natural process, they're speaking of a planting process so as to yield specific fruit. How the witlesses try to "sow" seed is completely unnatural; they take a (bogus) message and just scatter it about hoping something will eventually grow.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I plant a garden I do so with a very real purpose that requires preparation, careful seed selection and proper sowing/planting; this way I yield the fruit desired in the amount required. I roto-till, crop circulate and mulch for the appropriate nutrients, I define rows and mark them so I know what is planted where and don't step on the planted seeds, I carefully sow at the appropriate depth and time of year, I water diligently, I protect my garden from birds, deer and other harmful creatures and I do all this in hopes my efforts will bear fruit in due time.

Do you think if there is a specific desired result, I could skip any one of these steps? Do you think I would get any fruitage if I mixed all my seeds in one bag and threw them in the middle of my lawn or out in the driveway?

No, I wouldn't get anything, but this is what the WTBT$ says to do and it will bear fruit.

• LV101
    LV101

Disillusioned Lost Lamb --- great garden details. WOW, wish you could do my yard that is looking sorry and the yard help doesn't seem to care. Don't understand how people think they can run a lawn business but you should have a school.

You are right on about the w/tower --- too bad it's business structure doesn't collapse but only wobbles along these days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit