Disfellowshipped Over Celebrating Holidays?

by garbonzo 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

My lights are still up, despite that I know it is worshiping the sun. And that's where they are going to stay.

I believe that anything can get you disfellowshipped, including eating something you enjoy for no good reason. All they need to do is bring in that "brazen conduct", and you get it for brazen conduct regardless of whether the holiday or other activity was itself objectionable.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

You can be disfellowshipped for anything that three elders agree upon. Further, the Society can invent a new reason to disfellowship you and do so retroactively.

The game is rigged.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

There's a great blog by a former JW and his wife- they got DFed for celebrating their son's birthday and posting the pics on facebook.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

WTWizard, my thoughts exactly.

If they can't find something wrong, they'll make it up and then use the catchall brazen conduct.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

By the way I've gotten searing sneering glares and finger waggles just for buying marked down items the day after a holiday.

And the items were not "holiday" in any way, I'm talking things like cheap plain table clothes after thanksgiving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit