Judicial Hearing Procedures of Jehovah's Witnesses are Bible Based

by 00DAD 30 Replies latest members private

• 00DAD
    00DAD

So Aunt Connie, after reading waaaay too many of your ramblin' rants, I've come to the conclusion that you are here for one of two reasons:

1. You're pretending to be the JW anti-type to the crazed "Apostate" they warn us about. Posing as a JW apologist with severe emotional issues, kind of an anti-Danny Haszard on steriods lampooning the whole thing, or
    2. You're one completely messed up bitch.

I'm just sayin' is all!

00DAD

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Bumpin' it for lurkers in light of all the fun the Royal Commission is having in Australia!

• blondie
    blondie

In Israel the trials were conducted at the city gates in front of the older men and the public not hidden away.

*** it-1 p. 518 Court, Judicial ***

The local court was situated at the gate of a city. (De 16:18; 21:19; 22:15, 24; 25:7; Ru 4:1) By “gate” is meant the open space inside the city near the gate. The gates were places where the Law was read to the congregated people and where ordinances were proclaimed. (Ne 8:1-3) At the gate it was easy to acquire witnesses to a civil matter, such as property sales, and so forth, as most persons would go in and out of the gate during the day. Also, the publicity that would be afforded any trial at the gate would tend to influence the judges toward care and justice in the trial proceedings and in their decisions. Evidently there was a place provided near the gate where the judges could comfortably preside. (Job 29:7) Samuel traveled in a circuit of Bethel, Gilgal, and Mizpah and “judged Israel at all these places,” as well as at Ramah, where his house was located.—1Sa 7:16, 17.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Blondie, I know. Did you not read the OP?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

So, I am right in thinking that there is simply no New Testament example of a J.C as JW's have them ?

It seems evident to me that Paul writing to the Corinthians, all of the Congregation, not a secret letter to the Elders, means that the whole Congregation was involved in the discipline meted out to the man mentioned in 1 Cor.

• millie210
    millie210

Its so confounding that one of the things they are being asked and resistant to is women serving in some capacity to help with child abuse cases in the congregation and yet...

sitting right there on screen for the entire process is a woman JW lawyer.

So they Branch can have women present for their "judicial hearing" in front of the RC but an abused child cant?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Phizzy: I am right in thinking that there is simply no New Testament example of a J.C as JW's have them ?

No, you are not right. The trial of Jesus alluded to in the OP is evidently the model upon which Jehovah's Witnesses have built their "policies, practices and procedures" when it comes to the judicial hearing process.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

If secular laws fail to protect children, they are inadequate.

If religious traditions fail to protect children, they are inadequate.

If Biblical directives fail to protect children, they are inadequate.

x

Yeah, I said it.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Millie: So they Branch can have women present for their "judicial hearing" in front of the RC but an abused child cant?

Yeah, interesting contradiction isn't it.

Also, supposedly only elders can have access to their little secret "Elder's manual" (STFOG), but they GB paid a Catholic woman, Dr. Monica Applewhite, to study it and other "confidential" WT literature and letters to advise them and to represent them now and in other legal cases.

So weird.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Was it not pointed out by Justice McClellan that these scriptures related to matters that were two thousand years ago? That such regulations as were adhered to back then were not in keeping with today's ever changing world?

It was a valid, reasonable point, that fell flat on those in the witness stand. Still, it was a good point that just might release some women who are suppressed by this form of religion into feeling the injustice of it all.

c

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit