At last....I made the connection with an old friend...who is a practising Pagan

by Pams girl 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Flossycat
    Flossycat

With the panic attacks; wondering what kinds of therpies you've tried? I used to get reclusive; and during my 40s got panic attacks that would last 2-3 days: My heart wouldn't stop racing, couldn't get a deep breath; thought I'd end up having a heart attack. (you'd know all the symptoms) Tried various natural therapies from hypno, to NLP/tapping - nothing worked. Desperate I ended up going to the doctor. She got me to try paroxetine - 1/2 tablet (10mg) per day. Within 3 days I realized I hadnt felt this 'normal' since I was 19 (a particularly happy time of my life.) I know paroxatine isn't for everybody, but it's worth a try if you haven't already tried it.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Thanks all for your good wishes x Im in a very good place at the moment x

Flossycat, I dont take any meds for my panic, anxiety and agoraphobia. Im realising after years of abusing painkillers and tranquillizers, that only I can make a difference to myself, although meds work well for a lot of people. I think the mind is a powerful thing, and I try to push out of my comfort zone. My anxiety is also linked to my hormones, and rockets at ovulation, and I remain on high alter til my period arrives. Im used to this cycle, and I make the most of the "good" 2 weeks. Roll on menopause hahah!

I use tapes by Dr Susan Jeffers called "Feel the fear and do it anyway" and also read Dr Claire Weekes "self-help for your nerves"

I use a lot of aromatherapy oils, and have made improvements to my diet this past six months, resulting in not only weight loss, but my cholesterol going from 6.4mmols to 4.1mmols, and my blood pressure is normal. I have tried several meds over the years, but found the side effects too much to cope with. Anxiety can stem from chemical imbalances in some people, and this is where meds are of enormous benefit. Mine occured after a death of a family member in 2000, coupled with genetics (mother and grandmother had nervous, anxious tendencies)

Im so glad that Paroxitine is helping you Living with some form of anxiety 24/7 is very hard, but I wont give up on wellness. The mind is powerful, and I believe being pro-active is the way to go, for me at least. I hope you continue to feel well, and I appreciate your comments about this. Take care, Paula x

• Flossycat
    Flossycat

Yes, I agree with you - it's better to go natural when possible. On my father's side there's a lot of anxiety factors - which I wonder might also be to do with learned reactions and not being educated in the formative years on how to cope with stress?

You might like to take a look at my website: www.jehovahsmysteries.com which introduces my book which was published in the UK couple of years ago. It's called 'A Little Lower Than Angels'. After marrying a psychopath when I was 20, (that's where the prostitution came in), the amount of shock and stress that overtook me went on for years. The adrenaline/cortisol levels in the body can become so depleted, the brain's hormonal triggers don't work properly anymore.

BTW, despite the paroxetine being really good for me - I'm hoping to wean off them eventually. Feal the Fear and Do It Anyway is fabulous.

Lovely 'speaking' with you.

Love from Flossycat.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

I will check out the website now Flossycat

And if and when you are ready to wean yourself off Paroxetine, PM me, as I can recommend an excellent forum that can support you, of whom Ive been a member for 2 years....they are predominantly a forum for anxiety and panic, but have sub-forums for medication issues. Based in the UK, all I can say is the atmosphere is very genteel and caring, and there is always someone around with a friendly word.

Take care of yourself Ms T x (your book sounds interesting..!)

• Flossycat
    Flossycat

Thanks for info - that could be invaluable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit