At last....I made the connection with an old friend...who is a practising Pagan

by Pams girl 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Im the nervy, anxious type. I suffer with panic attacks and sometimes my agoraphobia cripples me. The organisation effectively isolated me fo a long time. I lost many many good, longtime friends. One in particular, who'd been my friend for over 15 years. Well, you can imagine what happened when they found out she was a practicing white white, and Pagan. To my shame, they got in my head, I changed address, and never told her.....that was 6 years ago.

Its been over a year now since I was in a KH. Ive gained a lot of confidence through the support of some of you here........I decided at last it was time to track her down. I found her on FB, and debated whether or not to contact her.....would she forgive me? Would she understand why? Would she even entertain responding to me? I had to down a bottle of wine before I sent a friends request.....prepared for what I imagined to be an onslaught of abuse and I would be deserving of that. You see, I abandonded her just 3 weeks after her mother died of cancer.

I prepared myself, swallowed hard, and posted......

And do you know what she said?

"Paula!!!! Where have you been woman?? Im missed you soooo!" "So happy you are back in my life!!!"

Confused, did she not remember what happened? How I had abandoned her and our friendship? What was going on?

I explained Id been part of a cult, and told her my story of the past 6 years, a long drawn out story......how it was not an accident that we had lost touch. Surely now she would have something to say about that!

NO! She was only glad that I was back in touch!

I WANTED her to punish me you see. I NEEDED her to be angry with me. But she isnt, and has been so loving and warm towards me the past few days it just makes me want to cry. Im so happy, yet so ashamed at my behaviour.

Luckily, my story has a happy ending. Maybe it will for you too if you are in this position. Dont give up on re-connecting with lost friends. Whether they are white witches, Pagans, green martians, .........you cant get the time back you have lost, but you have the rest of your life to look forward.

Ive got a lot of making up to do thats for sure......I wanted to say thank you to all those who have been so encouraging to me regarding this.....because of you Ive got my lovely witch back.......who knows what trouble we can get into again!

The JW couldnt keep us apart.......JWN kinda got us back together.....THANK YOU

Best wishes, Paula x

• still thinking
    still thinking

What a lovely story Pams girl...and so good that you are reconnecting with old friends. Thats the point isn't it? Friends are friends no matter what. I have friends that I don't see for ages, and yet, when we do catch up, we don't have issues about how long, or who contacted who, or didn't. It's just like we saw each other yesterday. The sign of a true friendship. Not like the kingdom hall ones.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Thank you x

Im so glad I did it, even though I was actually so sick with nerves! Its such a wonderful feeling to have her back in my life. Weve had lots of indepth convos this past week, and just as you say, its like weve never been apart. She actually posted yesterday "Paula, I dont care why, and I dont care how, we start again from today, and whoever or whatever directed you back to me.........for that I am grateful"

That actually made me cry. You are right, true friendship

• sizemik
  • Pams girl
    Pams girl

You said it all Siz

• ziddina
    ziddina

COOL!!!!

Congratulations on getting back in touch with an old friend - and someone who will DEFINITELY give you a different perspective on things!!!

Zid

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I recently reconnected with a woman that was one of my best friends pre-JW. She's Wiccan. She said, I kid you not, "Welcome home sister"! LOL She always thought I was a little witchy.

• nugget
    nugget

People are often more forgiving than we give them credit for and true friends are understanding. It takes courage to face the fear of rejection and do it anyway and let someone out there know that you think they are important in your life.

It is often our own doubts that hold us back. Well done girl you did the right thing and gave all of us with lost friends hope of a connection.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Hey Zid, thank you! Will have to dust off my broomstick......now.........where did I leave it?

I loved that NC........sisterhood

Yea my pal and I spent many a happy hour burning oils, reading folk lore, talking about nature, browsing pagan jewellry, getting drunk, and a little witchy too.........good times!

Thank you to my lovely pal Nugget.....it was the rejection I was afraid of, most definately. I did it anyway, and am so glad I did. I wont forget your support, and as always, understanding of the bigger picture.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

So glad you two re-connected. Some friendships never die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit