I feel so sick, I think I am gonna die............

by butalbee 18 Replies latest jw friends

• alamb
    alamb

I'm sorry to hear it's going around.

I had it for 3 weeks and spent days in bed I don't even remember.
    Go to the Dr. now and get an antibiotic before it gets worse...it will.
    And I hate doctors.
    Oh, and the chicken soup is wonderful too...if eaten while in a hot bath up to your neck.

• gilwarrior
    gilwarrior

Don't feel so bad, Butalbee. In December I got the flu TWICE in two weeks! I went to my parent's house. My mom made me tea and soup and gave me juices. I felt silly letting myself be mommied like that (I am 28 years old), but I was so weak, I didn't argue.

"I have so much love to give, but no one to give it to."

William H. Macy - "Magnolia"

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

butalbee, sorry to hear you are not doing well. I hope you feel better soon. I have had this nasty cough off and on for about 3 months but it took taking care of a sick husband for the past week for me to learn how to take care of it. haha, men are such babies aren't they? Gotta love 'em!

First off, I hear there are shots now to take care of the flu. What a wonderful thing! Years ago, if you had the flu there was nothing they could do since they relied upon antibiotics which only takes care of "bugs". Now, lo and behold, virus' are now in the forefront in medicine.

With the cough and congestion I would suggest a vaporizer, yes the kind we had as kids with the vick's. I actually enjoyed this with hubby, brought back warm cuddly memories of youth. Also, and just as important,...chicken soup (broth) there is an enzyme in the chicken fat that makes your nose run like nobodies business but it helps to clear everything out naturally.

Again, I do hope you feel better soon. This year seems to be the worst I have seen in years as far as flu's go. I personally have not had anything close to this in over 8 years.

• ladonna
    ladonna

((((((Bultbee)))))

All I can say after everyone's good advice is, get well soon

Take Good Care Of Yourself,
    Ana

Manners require time, and nothing is more vulgar than haste.
    —Ralph Waldo Emerson

• cellomould
    cellomould

butalbee,

feel better please

cellomould

"In other words, your God is the warden of a prison where the only prisoner is your God." Jose Saramago, The Gospel According to Jesus Christ

• gotcha
    gotcha

hey...get well soon....

• greven
    greven

hey butalbee!

get better soon. wouldn`t be the same without you down here!!!

"Fear is strange soil. Mainly it grows obedience like corn, which grows in rows and makes weeding easy. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground."
    -from "Small Gods" by Terry Pratchett-

• sf
    sf

Oh, I feel for you very much. Be prepared though, it takes awhile to kick this flu. I was where you are at now about two weeks ago and I still have the headache, slightly and that damn cough is a bitch. The fever kept going up and down, yet it finally ceased after about a week.

<

((((hugs to you}}}}}

sKally

• butalbee
    butalbee

Thank you EVERYONE, it's nice to know that you all care!!!!

Just got back from doctors, and yes, I've got the flu. YUCK!!! He gave me a shot[ouch] and an inhaler called Relenza, that's supposed to help. Oh, and that I'm out of work for couple days, can't help but smile for that one.

Lara

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit