How to Help Someone Leave - New Article

by jwfacts 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I'd like to see JW's put in their place too SBF !

I agree, a diagram like that goes straight in to the mind, wheras as a fact is heard, or read, the defensive argument is forming in the mind. Even though that argument comes fairly quickly when looking at the diagram, it comes with doubts, "why did they show Russell springing from the 2nd Adventists ?" (or whatever the diagram shows) and the JW may well begin to reasearch for himself.

A picture says a thousand words.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Talking about putting them in their place, there is an article being showcased on the watchtower site at http://www.watchtower.org/e/20091101a/article_01.htm called are Jehovah's Witnesses a Protestant Religion. Even by Watchtower standards it is exceptionally poorly done.

I was expecting them to talk throw in some unsubstantiated comments about how they extend back to Adam, but that was not even touched on. Rather the 3 reasons they are apparently not a Protestant Religion is that:

1 - They don't hold all Protestant doctrine such as the Trininty

2 - They are a positive religion, not one of negative protest

3 - They have not splintered into different denominations.

They completely miss the point that people saying such are referring to their origin back to the Protestants through the Adventist line. It is terribly dishonest to say they have not splintered. I shudder at how bad these articles are.

• harleybear
    harleybear

jwfacts your article is awesome thank you for it. I will be hanging on to it for future reference. I crack up that the ORG would say they are different because they are a POSITIVE religion. They have got to be kidding. I have never seen so much negitive crap in ANY organization. That took balls.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit