College and the Watchtower: Remember One Thing

by metatron 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Babyruth
    Babyruth

I made an inquiry to my Dad if the 20 yr old Regular Pioneer nephew had aspirations of serving at Bethal. His reply was that he would like to go however Bethel will only take those having special skills. I told Dad I thought that it was very hypocritical of them to condem getting a higher education to get a special skill, yet only accept workers who had one. The nephew is currently supporting himself as a window washer....go figure...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

One thing I never understood,is what is the difference of one going to school for four more years,vs. going straight to work.

It's not about the 4 years. It's about young people learning how to think critically. They will be challenged to NOT take things at face value, to NOT take things for granted. Instead, look at things with a critical eye. Ask questions. Research answers. The sad fact is that WT teachings do not stand up to such scrutiny. Most educated people see through the WT.

Doc

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

I wonder how the congregations in university towns handle all this anti-college negativity?

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Actually, money is just one factor in considering a better job.

Don't forget job satisfaction.

Not everyone is cut out to spend their lives cleaning windows or doing janitorial duties.

The WTS always associates learning to avarice and greed; they cannot understand the enjoyment gained from learning.

George

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Whether or not a person goes to college is none of the Watchtower's business. It's a personal decision, and that's the end of the matter.

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

The youths in the congos just don't give a f*** about the GB and its spiritual masturbations. And younger eldels and min. servants follow suit. Of course there exists the 'window cleaners' group who cannot even spiritually masturbate but we don't give a f*** about their opinion either.

NOLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit