Now that Rick is gone......

by outsmartthesystem 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• watson
    watson

While I may not like Rick's style, we are not a replacement organization that tries to create an image of a united front. I see this all the time on the board. No offense, but I think that people coming out should learn to live in the real world and realize that once you are freed from mind control, why should we use the very same lie that the WT uses, that they are all in unity in belief?

Randy, was this portion of your post (a good post by the way) directed toward outsmart's comment?

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Hi Watson,

It was not an attack on outsmart, but just my own thoughts based on my experience. That's why I had to give my experience.

I'm not immune for "joining the crowd," but I have to catch myself from time to time. :-))

They are just my thoughts not on outsmart, but on ALL the attacks on Rick. Hey, I've made fun of Rick's style, too, but I still love the guy. I've never actually read other things outsmart has said. My apologies if it came across as an attack.

Randy

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

RF used JWN to promote and advertise his JW Protests..

The Church "he invented" would be advertised at the Protests..

That was never mentioned in his advertisements..

Bait and Switch..

Anyone who disagreed with his Protests was Labeled a Watchtower Operative or Gay..

The exaggerated claims,misleading advertising and labeling..

Was endlessly shoved down everyones throat,at every opportunity..

Thank God Simon it`s over..

.....................;-)...OUTLAW

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Well, if that is actually the case, then don't listen to him or love him.

I just didn't pay attention to anything he said.

Randy

P.S. Sorry I don't spend much time on this board, just to get news. Many times I never go back and check replies to my comments, or if someone comments on me, because I just don't have the time in my day to do it. I have to rely on others to tell me what is being said mostly and where. :-))

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Randy it`s all good..We appreciate having you here on JWN..

Your Website "FreeMinds" was one of the 1st websites I found when I started researching..

You helped a lot of people including me..

........................;-) ...OUTLAW

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I feel like I've been ambushed. I wish there was an elder I could go tell.

HA! Not really. I appreciate your comments.

In all seriousness.....I'd like to clarify something. Never did I mean to insinuate that former witnesses should strive to be united in thought and deed.....or even give the facade of unity. Though I now see how that could easily be interpreted. I was simply making the point that Rick's style is rather undesirable and could very easily have the opposite effect of its intent. I guess I would kind of liken Rick to Rush Limbaugh of the Republican party. Most Republicans seem to wish he would just shut up because of all the negative publicity he attracts to the party. Again,as former witnesses, we most certainly are NOT united in thought and deed about what we believe. We are not a religion. We are not a party. We enjoy our freedom from mind control and the necessity to "think alike" that mind control brings. That being said.....most of us LEFT the Watchtower due in part to its propensity to spread untruths and exaggerations.....and.....independently.....we strive to avoid such behavior.

The only area where we are united is that I'd say we all agree that we'd like to see ALL witnesses freed from the bonds of Watchtower mind control.

Take for example.....two current witnesses. Number 1 faded a long time ago and is sure that the Watchtower organization is not the truth. Number 2 is very much still in.....has just an inkling of doubt and is teetering on the edge of whether or not to view an "apostate" site. If number 1 goes to jwfacts site or freeminds.....he will likely confirm his beliefs. Likewise if he goes to Rick's site....he will also likely confirm his beliefs. On the flipside, if number two goes to jwfacts or freeminds he may be eased into doing more research. But if number 2 goes to Rick's site he may very well be scared right back to the KH due to Rick's fitting the mold of the Watchtower painted "apostate"

I don't at all preach that non-witnesses should be unified in teaching/beliefs/approaches taken. I just preach that we should try not to come across as weird or crazy.

• watson
    watson

I understand Randy, and I wasn't seeing it as an attack. Not really your style on this forum. When I read outsmart's comment, I didn't see the idea of a unified group as a replacement being promoted, just that he basically doesn't want to be lumped in with the perceived whacky apostate hoard. More of an "All individuals, that come to their own conclusions" group, with that being their commonality. Anything but a unified replacement.

Ah hah! Now I read outsmart's response..oh well.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Thanks Outlaw! Have a cold one on me.

Randy

LOL we can't breach the timne delay factor here! Watson, you seemed to suffer the same fate as I. :-))

outsmart, that's cool and I understand what you say. I'm just on a campaign to eliminate WT programming, and being clones is one of them. :-))

peace,

Randy

• whathehadas
    whathehadas

Nice post Randy. IMHO The example of 2 witnesses is a generalization. We don't know for certain why every witness leaves or starts to doubt the WT. That is unless, EVERY person comes on here and gives their experience. All this hooplah on here of Rick giving "apostates" a bad name and scaring potential ExJWs back in is Bullshit. Come on........there is various of things that could scare those persons on the fence. Just on this board, with the many topics discussed of the WT and the unrelated. You don't think the views on Sex, drugs, alcohol, entertainment, and new beliefs will not shock the fence sitter? Give me a break! Rick's Sixscreens is sooooo "influential" and yet is claimed to be so irrelevant on here. There is no GB for ExJWs and there is no unity. We all are different but we may have the same experiences. That's about it. If that fence sitter so happens to visit Six Screens or comes to JWN. They'll be scared and skeptical to start with because of the cult programming. Many on here will say that Six Screens will turn that person away before JWN. That's all depending on their psyche at the time. If they're going to leave, they will leave eventually. Hard to stay in the WT after having doubts. This World can be both Scary and Beautiful.

• venetian
    venetian

Randy. Well said

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit