Regular Pioneers no longer appointed by Branch!

by hoser 17 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Why would they do this?

Potential Liability

Think about it: some idiot pioneer runs over somebody while struggling to 'get their time in'. Then, some clever lawyer determines that they are 'employees' of the Branch, to an extent - or that some sense of agency applies. So, the Watchtower has to cough up a million here and there.

This already happened with at least one Bethelite. And case law in the US may be drifting into applying lawsuits to corporations that have appointed, trained volunteers.

The above is why I keep saying that they are taking a huge risk with Circuit Overseers as employees of the WTS.

metatron

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"i like how they always make these changes into something good yet as said it's just tightening the $ and making the GB less responsable"

And JWs have no clue. They truly believe it has nothing to do with $ or legal issues and would be not only insulted but truly floored to hear such a suggestion. They believe that God's magical pixie dust was sprinkled yet again and this was the result.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ah yes, the issue of agency.

Expect more of this. They do have to pace themselves, so that even the most hard core JW won't raise an eyebrow.

Oh and I'm sure holy spirit was involved in this decision

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

In the USA this has been the case for over 2 years. The Local Body of Elders appoints and removes Regular Pioneers.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

If the Watchtower is so concerned about liability, then perhaps they should leave the appointment of elders and MSs to the local congregation. Maybe let the local congregation elect their own elders.

• Notreadytorun
    Notreadytorun

Athanasius I like the way u think!

• mP
    mP

If you want to go out and waste lots of hours a month pretending to talk to people who dont want to listen, why do you need to be appointed ?

• sir82
    sir82

What country are you in?

This is old news in the USA. It's been that way for 2 or 3 years now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit