A general apology

by Seeker 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Greetings Seeker,

: I despise both sides and refuse to take sides, preferring to think independently about each issue on its own merit.

There is a ton of wisdom in that statement, and I'm not even sure you are aware of its significance. The problem with both "conservatives" (whatever the heck THAT means) and "liberals" (whatever the heck THAT means) is that facts and issues are not really the important part. What is important is that lines are drawn and issues do indeed become "sides." Damn the facts! Damn the real issues! It is our "side" versus "their side." It's "us" (whoever WE are) versus "them" (whoever THEY are).

Politicians are a bunch of scumbags and justice and truth are only props in their game of "sides."

You've always been one of my favorite posters, Seeker. But I'm sure you already know that.

I hope you snap out of your funk.

Farkel

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

"Days Like This" by the Shirelles.

http://www.barberusa.com/nostal/shirelles.html

http://home.t-online.de/home/walterv/shirell.htm#mama

Mama Said

Mama said there'll be days like this,
    There'll be days like this Mama said
    (Mama said, mama said)
    There'll be days like this my Mama said
    (Mama said, mama said)
    I went walking the other day,
    Everything was going fine,
    I met a little boy named Billy Joe
    And then I almost lost my mind
    (Mama said, mama said)
    My eyes are wide open
    But all that I can see is,
    chapel bells are callin for everyone but-a me
    but I don't worry cause
    (Mama said, mama said)
    And then she said someone will look at me
    like I'm looking at you one day,
    then I might find
    I don't want it any old way,
    so I don't worry cause
    (Mama said, mama said)
    Mama said, mama said
    Hey! Don't you worry,
    Mama said mama said
    Hey! Don't you worory now.
    Mama said mama said,
    Hey! Hey!

and some more: http://www.srv.net/~roxtar/lyrics/shirelles2.html

In 1975 a crack team of publishers was sentenced to death by a judicial commiteee. They promptly escaped from the cult and now live life on the run. If you have a problem ... and if you can find them ... maybe you can contact the A--postate Team"

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Ooh, ooh Baby! Thanks for the GREAT Shirelle memories, Dungbeetle! Nice to see another Golden Oldie here :-) And keep on keepin' on, Seeker! You are all right!

• mommy
    mommy

DUNG!
    You found it! I will have to DL it now. Every since this morning I could not get that song outta my head. Thank you! You are a wealth of info.
    wendy

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Seeker, that was great of you. In your travels,have you ever viewed a book titled, 'The Power of Your SubConscious Mind' by Joseph Murphy? If not, take a peek at chapters 15,16 & 17

Guest 77

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

(((Seeker))),

You know you're one of my favorite people here on the board. I didn't see the comments, either, that you are referring to but everyone is entitled to a bad day now and again. Put the stick away, my friend!

As for politics, I agree with you. Each issue needs to be decided on its own merits, not according to which 'side' a person may belong to. I am only recently getting my political feet wet and trying to figure all of this stuff out. As bad as our political system sucks, tho, what's the alternative? I jes' don' know.

Take care ((((Seeker)))) and remember, if you want to talk, I'm around.

Dana

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Seeker, thought you might fined this a bit cute, given the topic:

A woman in a hot air balloon realized she was lost. She lowered altitude and spotted a man below. She shouted to him, "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man consulted his portable GPS and replied, "You're in a hot air balloon approximately 30 feet above a round elevation of 2346 feet above sea level. You are 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude."

She rolled her eyes and said, "You must be a Republican."

"I am," replied the man. "How did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "Everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me."

The man smiled and responded, "You must be a Democrat."

"I am," replied the balloonist. "How did you know?"

"Well," said the man, "you don't know where you are or where you're going. You've risen to where you are due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and you expect ME to solve your problem. You're in EXACTLY the same position you were in before we met, but somehow now, it's MY fault.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Seeker,

When I log-in on this site, I usually view the most active threads first. If your name is there, it is the first topic I read. I've always appreciated your commentary and insights. On more than one occasion you have been responsible for my own 'thinking' about an issue in a new and enlightened way.

And, I've seen you take a stand, then also do a little more 'seeking' re the topic and then re-address the issue...a good thing for any of us. I think your nick "Seeker" is most apt. I'm a so-called Democrat, married to a so-called Republican.

A short while back you made a post re the so-named liberal press, or lack thereof. It really had an impact on me. To put it to the test, I phoned a major conservative radio show; when I told the screener the nature of my call, that being: I would like the host to cite specific press articles that had recently been printed in any major U.S. newspaper that actually demonstrated out-and-out liberal thinking, my call/question was refused!

No matter what political party one might choose to claim, all display levels of corruption, and dishonesty.
    We owe it to ourselves to educate ourselves re various issues as best we can, each and every time we cast a vote. Both my husband and I often vote across party-lines. But it is often with a heavy-heart and questionable outcome, eh?

You revealed your 'sensitive' side with your apology, but as you have seen, most of us don't even feel it was necessary...good for you, anyway. Hoping your mood lifts - warmest regards, Seeker. ZZ

• Robdar
    Robdar

Mommy,
    "nobody told me there'd be days like these...Strange days indeed. Most peculiar, momma." Is by John Lennon. It is entitled. "Nobody told me (there'd be days like these)".

• teejay
    teejay

Seeker,

My Man!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit