June 15, 2012 described events that had not happened yet.

by discreetslave 42 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bella15
    Bella15

Unbelievable!!!

• Bella15
    Bella15

Can I download this magazine from the Watchtower website???

• VM44
    VM44

"At the end of each day, it gives a dedicated Christian great satisfaction to be able to say, 'Jehovah, I did everything I could in your service.'"

"Dedicated Christian",

"Jehovah" ??

What about Jesus?

Or is Jesus bypassed by dedicated Christians?

• sir82
    sir82

Last year 2.7 million did the aux. pio. thing with reduced hours.

So it's pretty reasonable to predict "millions" - as long as the number doesn't decrease by more than 25%, they'll still get 2 milion +.

I suspect the number will be down a bit this year, around 2.3 or 2.4 million.

In 5 years, after the novelty wears off, they'll be lucky to get much more than 1 million.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Last year 2.7 million did the aux. pio. thing with reduced hours.

Oh right, the number locally was about 50% and I assumed that was typical, so I thought the number would be higher.

In 5 years, after the novelty wears off, they'll be lucky to get much more than 1 million.

The novelty will wear off, but it is also fair to point out that the trend for the number of pioneers has been going up consistently for decades now.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

so then when they release the real numbers in a few months, they will directly contradict what the article stated. And another factoid will fly right past the rank and file

• dozy
  • dozy
    dozy

"Times , time & half a time" - "Times" means 2. So "millions" can mean 2. According to the JW way of reckoning.

" congregations seemed to radiate exceptional excitement and joy "

Really? Wow! And they knew that in advance as well.

• cedars
    cedars

For the record, I think it's worth noting the irony that the Society deliberately overstated its preaching activity in March (because it had no idea yet what the figures were), and has ended up with 361,394 FEWER memorial attendees than the previous year.

You couldn't make this stuff up. Well done boys...

Cedars

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

Oh geeze...nice catch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit