Is there any religion that has so much anti-apostate focus as JWs

by yadda yadda 2 29 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I'm surprised at how much is in the Watchtower lately and at assemblies warning of apostates. Is it my imagination or is this ramping up a lot lately. I am a born-in and stopped attending only a few years ago (now in my 40's) but don't remember so much anti-apostate warning as we see now.

The Watchtower seems extra obsessed with apostates and the need to warn about them lately. Must be all the slick websites and apostates lately such as e-watchman who have them worried.

Can you think of any other religion quite as scared of ex-members as JW's? Perhaps scientologists?

yadda

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

I don't know the answer to that but I can tell you that all of my family and friends has cut me off even though I am not disfellowshipped, but inactive. There position is, if you are not with us, then we are not with you. I don't ever remember treating and inactive person that way. Ever.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I have Muslim friends, you won't believe how IDENTICAL their thinking and policy is.

If I get them with a good question the first thing they ask is if I got the question from an anti Muslim website, full of ex Muslims, Jews and Christians in their mind. One guy recently told me the encyclopaedia brittanica was Zionist because the history of crucifiction disagrees with the Quaran.

I have had them tell me to be weary of opposing views to Islam from bias bitter ex Muslims, who in Islam under sharia law face death, as in actual death not JW pretend death. It happens, here, in the west. A film maker in Europe was stabbed through the heart, the female Muslim in his film was flown to USA to protect her. My Muslim pals talk of her as if she was the devil, despite the fact she was abused, her genitalia was circumcised (awful practice) and her leaving Islam stemmed from escaping a forced marriage to ger cousin. Muslims call her a liar because she lied to the European country she fled to in order to escape her family. She is HATED by Muslims because she airs the dirty linen of real Muslim life for a female.

Muslim apostasy and anti-apostasy is akin to JW's only not as pre leant and you have to be very vocal to get noted.

I spoke to a famous ex Muslim atheist, she is quite famous and I hope to invite her to my university for a talk next year.

Snare x

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The inter-net is doing a lot to expose the corruption of this fraudulent publishing house. ( WTS.)

The GB are so aware of this they put out their own video a couple of years ago stating over and over that they are preaching the " Truth " !

Common sense and intellect tells a story otherwise.

The manipulation, exploitation and devious corruption is clearly seen by the public, something the inside JWS are starting to realize themselves.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

All high control groups breed fear of those who have left. JWs do not have the market on that at all. Listen to ex-mormon, ex-scientologists, ex-anything you see as a cult, and you will see all of our stories are so similar. So similar just change a few words and they are the same story.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Yeah, I'd say Islam, Scientology, and maybe even Mormonism.... you know it all depends on your vantage point. As ex-JW's, it seems no one is worse than THE CULT.... but fanatics from these others groups will actually KILL apostates, and not just "spiritually".....

• biometrics
    biometrics

Yes, Evolution.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Everyone on this forum needs to watch the long Jason Beghe (the actor) interview on Scientology, it's on YouTube and it is fascinating. He was opening up for the first time after leaving and he describes feelings we have all had, you see him sink in shame and sadness as he realises what he once swallowed, once sacrificed, once believed. It is a great, great watch. Their apostasy fight is very serious, they will put posters with your personal confessions out all over the town, or take personal pages in the local paper attacking you if you leave. One member has seen personal Tom Cruise confessions, they said he could never ever leave because they would show his darkest secrets. Also if you think the JWs has done us harm, check out THE SEA ORG, it's a branch of Scientology for youths to volunteer for, kind of like bethel, but females are allowed to. They sign a contract for a billion years, that's right a billion years, to work for the SEA ORG, where they do the bidding of the leaders etc. they have a regimental life with no outside contact, no emotional ties, no family contact. Husbands and wives are separated to focus. If you manage to get pregnant they will help you to abort the baby, if you leave, like bethel you leave with your head down for not lving up to your contract. Research the sea org, it's horrid !

Snare x

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

And we all thought slavery was abolished, what about mentally slavery via corrupt and devious religious organizations

who exploit people for labor and money.

• andys
    andys

There is one other group that is similar, its the Exclusive Brethren, they even view people on the outside like as wordly people, also a person leaves the group they are treat the same way that JW's treat family or friends that leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit