I love my Congregation and Can't Wait for the District Assembly!

by laverite 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• laverite
    laverite

I love reading all of your comments, everyone. I find the UU Church a great fit for me and my family. It's really become a home to us and I feel so grateful. In our congreation, we have Catholics, Jewish people, various Christian members, former JWs, atheists, secular humanists, etc. In other words, we have the entire spectrum and we come together as a group. The UU has principles, and there is a common core we share. Anyone can look these up on the UU home page.

Ray Publisher, I understand what you are saying. The UU Church isn't for everyone, necessarily. However, everyone *IS* welcome. There's room for different beliefs within the congregation. We have members who believe in the Bible as the word of God, absolutely. It all fits and we all seem to make up quite a nice family. The key is "acceptance."

I have to say that I love that there is a place for anyone who wants to join, whether someone is black or white, gay or straight, Christian or agno-atheist, etc. That's what makes it home to me.

• laverite
    laverite

Billy,

I don't post as much as you do, but I do love reading your posts. Having a sense that I know you and your journey (if that doesn't sound too stalkerish or weird LOL), I think that you might really like the UUs. Check them out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit