Do you know JWs who have never been happy in the truth?

by truthseeker 17 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Life should be difficult in these last days. One should be exhausted from exerting himself vigorously in Kingdom pursuits. Moreover, he should sighing and groaning over this wicked system of things. Never should he seek pleasure at the expense of sacred service.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Yeah i know plenty of Dubs who don't care much about trying to enjoy life, but instead sit and wait for the big A to come and solve all of their problems. They pray and pray for Jehovah to bring the big A to all the evil people who have christmans dinners and share a turkey during thanksgiving and send their kids to college in order to have a better life.

What a shock it must be when you get to the twilight of your life and you realize you just spent an entire lifetime preparing and sacrificing for something that never came afterall....

• Flossycat
    Flossycat

The last time I saw my JW family was 10 years ago during the months that lead up to my dad's passing. I travelled from Melbourne back to my home town to spend time with him. (He was the only non-practicing JW of my JW family, and he and I (the black sheep-DF one) were always v close.) I can say with all certainty 99% my JW neices and nephews were v happy when they were all together. They were mostly in their 20s and had a great social network of young JWs in their areas. I know one of my teenage neices wasn't happy though. In her country town there weren't many JWs and she had teenage depression. She's very pretty and handled school curiculum very well. Just wonder how they'll all be in another 20 years. So many JWs seem to end up with depression, chronic fatigue, never satisfied.

Got a chuckle out of 'Leavingwt/Paul McCartney' - they, esp the older ones, love sighing and groaning over the state of the world - and how it can't go on much longer. I got a (rare) note from my mother a few years ago: "please, please return to the Truth. The time left remaining is short." If we say "oh, you've been saying that forever," it gives them ammunition to quote one of the Peter letters where people would be saying that just like Noah's day. So I just send a card to her to let her know I love her v much and think about her a lot, and hope she's well, and that I'm doing very well.

• Flossycat
    Flossycat

PS - guess I was one of the comparitively lucky ones compared to some mentioned here.

One now-exJW friend told me his mum (wife of an Elder) used to throw hissy fits - once she hit him (he was about 17) over the head with the frying pan, and dented the pan. We can laugh about it now. Also when I was a kid I knew personally some JW parents who beat their children mercilessly to the point of bruises and welts. No wonder most of those kids ended up leaving the witlesses - so much for love and protection.

• LV101
    LV101

ME! I was miserable. Even worse (if that's possible) than living at home with parents until I could make the great escape.

• Band on the Run
  • designs
    designs

In three congregations I served it was the born in kids who made of that majority.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

In all honesty I can't say I've met a truly happy witless.

Who can be content with a group that demands love? (Love isn’t love if it isn’t genuine.)

Who can be happy in an organization that blames the members for everything because they are inappreciative good for nothing slaves? (You’re damned if you do and you’re damned if you don’t.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit