Do you know JWs who have never been happy in the truth?

by truthseeker 17 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Happiest people in the world? Far from it. Consider my own family. I have JW relatives who gave up everything, moved to where the need was greater and they have never been happy.

They've been constantly in poor health, suffered with depression and had feuds within their own JW family. They've done nothing but complain about everything in the congregation. Upsets, bickering, scandal, you name it.

So for all their decades of faithful, sacred service, are they truly happy? Content? They're as miserable as they ever were. And the only thing they have to look forward to is the new system.

Does anyone else have friends/relatives who gave up everything for the Kingdom and never found real happiness?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I thnk ecery dub goes through stages.

Stage 1

Born

Stage 2

At meetings whether u like it or not until 18

stage 3

some care little and leave. Others stay in Progress

Stage 4

Life with family, kids, whatever scraping by on pathetic jobs, the result of little education pursued

stage 5

Retired, trying to live on SS. System still very much intact. Generations now includes the Pepsi generation, and The Who, with my generation. disillusioned but can't do or say much. Not that anyone cares

A lifetime of happiness I'd say

• itscrap&theyknowit!
    itscrap&theyknowit!

@ Wha Happened -

SO FREAKIN TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

A resounding yes!

Many Witnesses seem to take it for granted that life should be viewed as some sort of test of endurance.

"Struggling on", "dealing with the pressures of the system", "coping with what Satan throws at us", and on and on and on.

Geezo man!

• TOTH
    TOTH

I know lots of them who SAY they are. But in all honesty the ones I know well are pretty miserable people. Judgmental, hateful, even sad describes them.

• Gayle
    Gayle

They somewhat excuse themselves, can't be happy in this world,,waiting for the 'new world' for that.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

It's hard to gauge this. Some people are just not happy, truth no truth, money no money, health sickness, a significant other or alone.... you know

So I'd say the only two that come to mind that would fit this is a couple that converted. They were a hoot, full of life, excitable, happy fun to be around. Then they became baptized JW's and year by year became depressed, sad to be around and ended up being unhappily married. So for them yes the "truth" made them unhappy

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

For those who chose to come in on their own, I guess at first it was all new and exciting for them, but I doubt anyone caught up in that mess of a cult now are 100% indoctrinated now. Even when my mother died six years ago, I'm sure she thought the BIg A would've already been here, although of course she never mentioned that to me, but all the old folks thought the Big A would;ve been here decades ago.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Me!! ME!!! Meeeeeeee!!!

My parents' marriage was HUGELY dysfunctional - they both joined the JWs when I was around 5 years old....

And like TOTH said, my parents put on the "happy face", but were MISERABLE people on ALL levels...

• itscrap&theyknowit!
    itscrap&theyknowit!

@ TOTH - You are sooo right! Beyond judgmental! I remember when I was deeply in I ALWAYS looked at what mistakes others were making. I looked down my nose at others who were NOT J-Dubbs. I don't know how in the world I did that.

My mom is still that way to this date. Miserable as hell, but screams all day long how much she loves Jehovah and in the sme sentence will cuss you out worse than ANY sailor. She's miserable, has no friends within the cult. She comes from a lineage of very strong and indepent women. I believe she liked the religion JUST to keep a harness on my dad.

...he died miserable, too, in this dumb cult. I'm glad I got out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit