Jw's forcing "niceness" on people

by highdose 26 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

"My biggest problem is I find it hard to be rude to people who are being SOOOOO nice." ... thats the whole point! they know you will find it difficult to rebuff them.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You don't have to be rude when you corner them into telling you how 'this generation' that must have passed away by now hasn't passed away.

• Scott77
    Scott77

You don't have to be rude when you corner them into telling you how 'this generation' that must have passed away by now hasn't passed away.
    Black Sheep

Yes, that is very true. Let me add, the watchtower's attempt to force "niceness" on people is bound to fail. I think, doing that is itself an indication of desperation and most people are smart enough to figure that out. Its a tip of the iceberg. Based on my personal experiences during Watchtower-sponsored field service meetings at kh, we were advised to count any speaking activity as a return visit. That said, probably could be part of the hiden campaign to entice unsuspecting people back to their fold. I strongly doubt it will be successful.

Scott77

• still thinking
    still thinking

I had no idea how false the niceness was when I was a study...it does sucker you in when you aren't used to the over the top nicey nice...not any more....

• moshe
    moshe

You need my lapel button to stop this niceness-

• Ding
    Ding

Sort of reminds me of the display room salesperson who wears a plastic smile as they hand you a pen and ask you to sign on the dotted line.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

highdose - you see it exactly as it is.

It would be nice if they actually did something nice - instead of (literally) "acting" nice.

So rather than coming round your house to pretend to be of some use to you, helping unburden your many problems that you'd no doubt have as a result of being a non active JW, they simply waste your time... so that they can count time.

Now I'm no longer a JW and not concerned with reporting time, if I'm round someone's house I'm helping them with something, even if it's while having a beer at the same time, there's one less job they have to do.

Nice is about actions not just a fake smile or a "I'll be your best friend only until I conscript you into my cult then I'll drop the act".

mmxiv

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit