This good news of the kingdom will be preached ...

by biometrics 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I am sure "Andre" would be reporting his success in these countries if there truly was any.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Everywhere JWs have been christians have been there before them. For centuries there have been christian missionaries going to all corners of the earth.. including remotest parts of Africa, China, all across the US, pacific islands. Christianity is everywhere! JWs have their own brand of what they consider to be the Kingdom,so they think they are the only ones who have done this 'preaching work'.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

The thing that has got me right from the start about their reasoning over "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come."is that this was a prophecy.

Is it valid to try to make a prophecy come true, and come true/be fulfilled within a timeframe of your choice by trying to make sure that a certain part of it is happening, and doing so ostentatiously, so that the second part is almost forced into action.? I don't think it is.

In other words, to make something happen so that something else can happen. Almost as if the events are keys in a sequence.

Perhaps I'm wrong but it just seems so cynically artificial. Does anyone else think as I do on this?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Yes, they have preached in Nigeria (and the numbers they are embarrassed with show it). But, what about China and the Muslim countries? And the last I knew, Bangladesh has something like 150 witlesses for more than 100,000,000 people. The ratio is something like one witless for more than a million people--or, one witless working in Auckland, New Zealand alone and trying to get the whole city into the cancer, in Bangladesh.

Even more significant, what about the new people coming into the world? Every time you are almost finished, even if everyone in the world was reached, you are going to have children just coming into "accountability". Teach them, and soon the next batch comes to accountability. As long as there are children being born, they are going to have that problem.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

This is just for the record for the elect or anyone wanting to know the correct fulfillment.

The "end of the system of things" the Jews had in mind was the same as the end of the "appointed times of the nations" or the "end of the gentile times" which occrred on November 30, 1947 when the Partition Agreement took effect, officially ending Jewish exile and giving them their own country again. Earlier that year, NH Knorr went on a world-wide preaching tour. That was the direct fulfillment, his preaching around the world just before the end of the gentile times in 1947.

So that basically has been fulfilled. JWs were an international organization by 1947 which is all that is required to fulfill this prophecy.

Most and the WTS are so far from getting this right its hopeless they ever will before Armageddon. So prophecy is fulfilled that Jehovah's Day would be one of thick darkness and gloom, with true light being given by Jehovah to his elect and excluding others.

"'Look, you scoffers, wonder and perish, for I am going to do something in your days that you would never believe, even if someone told you in detail.'"

LS

Acts 13:41

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

WTWizrad, wonder now many of the Witless are in China's over 1 billion inhabitants , couple of hundred?

• matt2414
    matt2414
    "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." Matt. 24:14

"JWs are the only ones doing the preaching." Better yet, they're the only ones who believe that they're doing this preaching. Not even GOD believes they're doing it. Why not? Because the Witnesses have been at it since 1879 and the end still hasn't come! So obviously it's not being done the way HE wants it to. Either that, or the Witnesses have completely misinterpreted this scripture.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

The China , India and Pakistan is a good argument. They hold around half of the worlds population so if we go by the rationale that the JW truth has to be preached to everybody, then we are years and years away.

Also point out to them that the reason why they are able to convert anybody with their preaching ( and they are few), is because someone came before them and preached the gospel - converting the entire western hemisphere to christianity. They are just going behind those christian pioneers and giving a different angle on the gospel.

Their preaching work is ineffective, and even the majority of JWs were converted due to informal witness. This type of dragnet type of preaching also has no biblical precence.

Most importantly, the preaching work is really the basis for WT revenue and this is why a huge emphasis is placed on it, despite being unproductive. The fact is that whether JWs are able to make converts or not, the revenue is still there, because publishers pay for the Washtowel Ragazines. This is why the GB has been always so much against using the new techologies to spread the message.

I remember that at some point the Canadian branch was involved in producing movies to spread the message of the JWs beliefs and they were told to stop doing that by the GB, because they wanted to make sure that those type of activites didn't take away from preaching - it didnt' seem to matter which was more effective.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

From my understanding, they don't really pay too much attention to the demographics ect that some of you mentioned above despite issuing a yearly yearbook..They beleive the "good news" is to be preached to "Jehovah's satisfaction" in order for Matt 24:14 to be fulfilled.

I guess the GB will somehow know when Jehovah is satisfied!?

Peace

Kool Jo

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Truthfulness, fulfillment and accuracy do not matter to the WTBT$.

The only thing that matters to them is if can they get some other poor sucker to believe it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit