This good news of the kingdom will be preached ...

by biometrics 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• biometrics
    biometrics

So some of my JW friends can't answer a lot of the questions I put to them. Invariably they end up with the comback line of "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." and state that JWs are the only ones doing the preaching.

I suspect most JWs who've left have come across this. What's a good answer when a JW uses Matthew 24:3-14 (as their only and last line of defence)?

• mP
    mP

The good news has not been preached in most of the Middle East. Seriouysly only if you have a death wish would you dare in Saudi Arabia or Iran.

• biometrics
    biometrics

Their typical answer to those countries (Middle East, China ...) is "witnessing work is happening underground", and the borg can't publish the stats because it could put brothers at risk.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Point out any other group that you know that does likewise.

In my case the Mormons followed my family around and made a helluva lot more converts than the Dubs did. In fact, everywhere we went there were other missionary groups and they all have bigger churches than the Dubs. In one place the Catholics have several churches to the Dub's one, and last time I went past the parishoners were three deep outside two of them during the sermon & as far as I am aware the Catholics weren't preaching that the Good News of the Kingdom was the the Ancient Worthies were going to show up in San Diego in 1925.

Point out that they just avoided YOUR question. Ask why?

Keep asking questions that steer them to claim the WT is God's channel, selection, 1919, 607 then make them defend 607,

....or steer them to any question that they have tried to avoid answering in the past.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Tell them to Have a look at the latest yearbook,especially, India,Pakistan,China,the Middle East,Indonesia,just to name a few and see how much preaching has been done their after 130 years of Watchtower bullshit. And for good measure look at the figures of growth in all the countries 1/3rd of them are either zero growth or 1 or 2 percent increase.And speaking of increases some countrys have 100% increase ,instead of having 1 publisher they now have 2 . Big deal It`s all a spin to ensnare the unthinking,ignorant,who wants to beleive in something better,the vulnerable.

smiddy

• mP
    mP

@biometrics

how does publishing some numbers without nmes and addresses put anyone in Saudi Arabia or iran at risk? are you saying that even if they did publish numbers, jehovah would protect his good witnesses doing his work ?

• cofty
    cofty

The key to answering this is to look at what the gospel or "good news" was in the context of the NT.

It was about reconciliation with god through faith in Jesus. It had nothing to do with signs of the times or a paradise earth.

The term good news of the kingdom and the good news about Jesus were used interchangeably.

google the greek word "kerygma" for more info.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Spot on Cofty ! The point is that they DO NOT preach, at all, the Good News that Jesus referred to in Matt.

End of argument.

What else have they got to convince you now ? two things, not much and sod-all.

• designs
    designs

They've got a Web-site so why not use google to advertise and let everybody enjoy their weekends.

• biometrics
    biometrics

Thanks, some really great replies here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit