rules about kids going door to door alone?

by popcorn_eater 22 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Are they old enough to drive? Are they really sure they are in a safe territory, with zero chance of being bait-and-switched into a strange or dangerous terrirory? Is the child old enough to handle the volume of traffic throughout the territory? If not, they shouldn't be out there alone.

And bear in mind that it is possible to start in a safe territory, and then get that "You handled that well, let's see if you can do this territory" while being dragged into a more dangerous territory. This is especially true in big cities and in countries where kidnappings are common.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

In one of the congregations that I was with for a little while, it wasn't uncommon for two young sisters to be working together...however, the brothers would always glimpse at the doors to ensure that they were ok.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

In the mid 80's when I was as young as 10 my BF, same age, always went to the door alone. An adult had to be able to see the door and we were NOT to go inside. People were always nicer when it was two kids and we placed more magazines then the adults

• rocky220
  • rocky220
  • Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

are you saying there are no rules rocky?

• rocky220
    rocky220

2 previous submittals came out blank, don't know why. But in ths day and age no one should go alone, a housholder with ill intentions

can drop a "ruffie" in a beverage. [date-rape drug] So sad.

Rocky220

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

Kool Jo-

“In one of the congregations that I was with for a little while, it wasn't uncommon for two young sisters to be working together...however, the brothers would always glimpse at the doors to ensure that they were ok.”

Did these clowns have some sort of special sixth scenes to know when the person behind the door was a normal individual vs. a lunatic? John Wayne Gacy lived in a nice house and was a respected member of the community, he even dressed up as a clown to get closer to people... He also killed, raped and buried around 30 people in the crawl space under his normal looking house…

My point is, no one should ever go to anyone’s door alone. Ever. I get nervous responding to craigslist adds from time to time when I have to meet people at their homes, when I do this I always carry a gun just because people are insane.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My mom watched out for this. Other kids were sent by themselves. In the immediate aftermath of serious racial riots, a brother assigned me to KKK territory with a young black brother. My mom managed to stop it without creating a racial incident. She was concerned for my safety. We would look like a couple. it would have been all right in a different neighborhood.

Adults always expected mature adult from me when I was just a kid. I was never held to a child's standard. I so much wanted to be a good Witness. If only my younger self could have seen my future pagan self.

If this still happens, it shows the Wt is not serious about protecting children. I recall seeing stuff that made my young eyeballs pop. It also shows that they have no sense of liability. When they assume a parental role and have control over children, their liability goes from no duty to prevent to whatever a child could rely upon. I'm not certain of the details. Once you assume a duty, you can't act as before the duty is imposed.

When I see children today, they look a a lot younger than when I was that age.

• ssn587
    ssn587

I don't know why anyone is suprised about children going door to door alone, after all, the WTBTS isn't even concerned with paedophiles in the congregaion they don't alert parents or children about it. They are out to protect the molesters. Sending children out alone just goes hand in hand with their concern or rather lack of concern for children, unless it's their own of course.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit