Email from my father in law to his daughter

by elder-schmelder 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

Here is a email from father in law, to his daughter (my sister in law). Little history about my family.

My wife and I quit going to meetings about 5 years ago.

My sister in law has been DF'D for about 10 years - she has 3 kids.

My father in law was an elder for 20 years, and has stepped down about 2 years ago. (still believes and mostly active)

He stepped down because he has a drinking problem, and just went to treatment a few months ago.

Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 7:29 PM

Sorry, B-----. I have looked all over for pictures of J---- and E------ as well. I can’t find anything with J----- with Great-great-grandma. Just another reason he might want to make sure he has some pictures with his great-grandma and his grandma – not to mention the great-grandpa and grandpa!!! I sent pics of him showing the love he has for our critters and everyone else.

Don’t ever let him feel he isn’t showing enough love – he is a great boy, and you have done a great job in raising him, J****, and A------. B----- – I never have told you how much I love you, but you have to know that I have always felt that you were my own loving little girl, who has done a wonderful job with raising a family of her own. I love you as my own!!! Please, please, don’t give up on Jehovah. He is our only way of making it alive through what is coming – “and unless those days we cut short, no flesh would be saved”. Jesus wasn’t kidding. The days ahead are just like those out of a Hollywood movie.

B----- – you are intelligent, brave, strong and loving – make the right decisions in your life. Mom needs her little girls to be with her through what is ahead. She needs you and T------ to help her get through the Tribulation. You will no longer be little girls, though. You will be strong, tough women. And she needs your help. This isn’t going to be an easy ride. We will all need each other, more than you can imagine. We need you to be with us on this one, kid! You, J----, J**** and A------.

I am sorry to sound so melodramatic, but I am just speaking the facts about the near future. There is no way around it. We can’t change what Jehovah has planned. But we can change who is part of the plan. You and T---- HAVE TO BE PART OF THE PLAN!!! Please talk to her and figure out how that can happen.

We love you so much, B-----.

Your mom and dad.

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

My question is: How can my inlaws be happy when they believe that thier kids and grandkids are going to be destroyed by thier loving God that they go to worship every sunday?

This is mind^%#$ing at its best. No wonder he has a drinking problem.

elder-schmelder

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Omgosh, that's painful to read. He sounds so desperate. But he also loves his family a lot. Wow.

• Lore
    Lore
    Omgosh, that's painful to read.

I agree, the censored names makes it confusing.

When it first started I thought he was saying: "Sorry bitch, I have looked all over for. . ."

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

mrsjones5 - My father-in-law is a very kind and caring man. I wish he could get him to see that this religion is the cause of his depression and drinking.

My mother-in-law is just so shut down and dont talk to anyone and just hangs out with her horses.

I feel so bad for them, I wish that I could talk to them.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Its a miracle that EVERY active JW doesn't have a drinking problem, having to live life day after day with this incredible cloud right over their head....Geeez, sad email.

• Gayle
    Gayle

The message comes out to be like "we're miserable, we miss you, we need you,, but please fit into our world (no matter what) cause we can't or won't adjust in to your life."

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

Gayle - that is a great point.

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

"He is our only way of making it alive through what is coming... She needs you and T------ to help her get through the Tribulation.... We can’t change what Jehovah has planned."

That's not "fear of displeasing a loving God," that's good-old-fashioned fear of being annihilated by an exacting and tempermental deity.

• tiki
    tiki

doesn't the bible teach that jesus died for us, so that we could attain salvation? doesn't it say that it is through him that we have the hope and gift of eternal life? i keep thinking and seeing that the religion is very based in the ancient israel mindset - the all powerful god whose wrath must be avoided at all costs. i do believe there is that all-powerful god, and he is the source of all life and energy, but also that jesus death wiped out the old law code and was replaced with the new law of love. and by "coming back to jehovah" what they are really saying is come back to the kingdom hall. how can they assume that someone has lost love or integrity to their creator and life-giver just because they opt out of a stifling guilt-ridden religion the promotes stupidity and arrogance?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit