Another WT property for sale, from the Indianapolis Star

by insearchoftruth 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

There's also the Assembly of Jehovah's Witnesses, 1201 N. Delaware St. It's a majestic, century-old house of God, fronted by enormous stone pillars that would give Samson pause.

It was built in 1912 by Christian Scientists who, when they moved on, sold it to Baptists. The Baptists moved on in the 1970s and sold it to Jehovah's Witnesses. Now the Jehovah's Witnesses want out and are asking $2,895,000.

For sale: Very large church, 34,000 square feet; sanctuary seats 1,200.

• moshe
    moshe

Not a very great neighborhood, a mile from downtown and visible from the interstate- looks like a courthouse-ugh.

http://g.co/maps/mw83s -street view

rated 3 stars!-"I used to live by there and saw some attractive women going in. Might be worth further investigation. I think it would be interesting to know how they compare with catholic girls."

Believe me, you don't want to find out--

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I've driven through there on the way to downtown Indy. Scary indeed.

• VM44
    VM44

Historic Old Northside church could be yours for $2.9M

Cory Schouten February 13, 2012

Indianapolis                               Church Building at 12th and DelawareA majestic church building at the corner of 12th and Delaware streets is up for sale for the first time in more than 30 years. The 34,000-square-foot neoclassical building includes a 1,200-seat auditorium renovated in 1995. The limestone structure has been used as a place of worship since it was built in 1912. The Jehovah's Witnesses have owned it since 1978, but the church needs more room and plans to move elsewhere once it sells. The building's list price: $2.895 million. Summit Realty Group brokers Rich Forslund and Matt Langfeldt are marketing the property to potential users including another church, an educational or nonprofit organization, or an arts group. The building at 1201 N. Delaware St. sits across from the President Benjamin Harrison Home and blocks away from the Indiana Landmarks Center in the Old Northside neighborhood. "Potential buyers who have seen it have been blown away by its immaculate condition and overall character," Forslund said in a statement. "It really is a vital and unique piece of real estate." Among its impressive features is an open-loop geothermal system that uses groundwater for hearing and cooling, Forslund said. The building sits on 1.8 acres, and the property also includes a vacant roughly one-acre lot along Alabama Street. More photos are here .

• VM44
    VM44

"...but the church needs more room and plans to move elsewhere once it sells."

Or is what really motivating The Watchtower is the $2.895 million asking price?

Who actually paid for this building anyway?

The Jehovah's Witnesses or The Watchtower?

And who gets the money when the property sells?

• moshe
    moshe

I think the Syfy cable network could do a Ghost Hunter episode in that place- a place that creepy looking has to be haunted by the angry spirits of dead JWs who "died before it was time". Being a JW means you never have to die! The end will be here, soon, just a little longer, keep pioneering----

• moshe
    moshe

Peyton Manning could have bought it, if only the Colts had paid that $23million to retain him last week. I believe all the KH's in circuit paid for that- i do remember the ongoing appeals to the brothers for free labor back then to renovate it. Seems like they originally paid around $100K for that building - but it was a dump- leaking roof, no heat, bats, pigeon shit-

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Moshe: Your so right. It's probably haunted and those j.w.'s who died because they were not allowed a blood transfusion will be there greeting the new guests.

• sacolton
    sacolton

"fronted by enormous stone pillars that would give Samson pause."

That really made me laugh. Thanks!

• ziddina
    ziddina

It does look a little bit like a mausoleum...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit