Study WT June 2012 - we are living in the days of the 7th head!!!

by Sapphy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Logical fallacy: Strawman. 10 yard penalty.

No, the two spans of time: 42 months and 1260 days are each 3.5 out of 7.0 years. You said

There's no reason whatsoever to spell out 1260 days one way and 42 months another way if it's supposed to mean the same thing.

They represent opposites of the same thing, that's why I drew the picture of the same triangle presented two different ways. You don't measure years in seconds, minutes, hours or years, you measure them in days or months.

1260 Days = A Triangle. 42 Months = B Triangle.

They are still the same thing, but have different approaches. We as a species extrapolate those approaches as Good and Evil. Revelation 11 is about polarity among many other deep truths about humanity.

-Sab

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

Except the "Day for a year" principle can be (and is) applied to 1260 days -- but there is NO month for a year, or months into days principle. So while you can extrapolate out 1260 years, there is NOTHING to suggest the same would be appropriate for 42 months. And that's why I called you're argument a Strawman: because months are NOT the opposite of days, in no way, shape, or form. You're example was proof of itself, but didn't address the original problem at all.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Except the "Day for a year" principle can be (and is) applied to 1260 days -- but there is NO month for a year, or months into days principle. So while you can extrapolate out 1260 years, there is NOTHING to suggest the same would be appropriate for 42 months. And that's why I called you're argument a Strawman: because months are NOT the opposite of days, in no way, shape, or form. You're example was proof of itself, but didn't address the original problem at all.

We got the "Gentiles" that trample the holy city for 42 months. That sounds like a bad thing. Then you got the "two witnesses" that prophecy for 1260 days, that sounds like a good thing.

This is a more detailed graphic:

-Sab

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

So nice and convenient that the nation in which they are based is getting their bun buttered.

Oh how kissing government ass can help your "cause".

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

"We got the "Gentiles" that trample the holy city for 42 months. That sounds like a bad thing. Then you got the "two witnesses" that prophecy for 1260 days, that sounds like a good thing."

Okay, but that would mean the first 1260 years would be bad (ending in 654 CE, by JW timing) and the next 1260 years after that would be good -- what evidence do you have of that, or the sudden change in 654?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Okay, but that would mean the first 1260 years would be bad (ending in 654 CE, by JW timing) and the next 1260 years after that would be good -- what evidence do you have of that, or the sudden change in 654?

I really don't get into this kind of thinking because we don't have a starting date (2520 years from WHEN?). Biblical chronology is based off of human life spans that are impossible by today's standard. This takes a leap of faith that goes against my value system. Therefore the day for a year system really just falls flat for me. I would rather call it an unknown span of time where good and evil duke it out: 7 years. Does that 7 years HAVE to perfectly line up in history using the day for a year method? I don't believe so. Will one day we know for sure? I think so because of the way technology is going. However that doesn't make Genesis a fraud, but colossally misunderstood.

-Sab

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Rubbish. First, I believe that China or India will emerge as a world power as the United Tyranny of Stupidity degenerates into a Third World country. In the foreseeable future, it is possible for other countries to emerge as dominant--assuming Agenda 21+ doesn't cut the whole thing short. It is possible for Canada, Switzerland, Germany, Australia, Chile, New Zealand, or Brazil to become dominant within a few hundred years' time. Beyond that, it is anyone's guess--a country like Nigeria, which no one would assume even has a chance of becoming anything more than a scam-ridden rubbish dump, could arise in a time scale of thousands of years. And so could anyone else--including countries that were once dominant becoming dominant once again.

And even if the UN has its way and imposes Agenda 21 or its deluxe version, that itself will be the end of any salvation hopes for the witlesses. You will not benefit in any way if you are one of Jehovah's Witlesses. It will not be Jehovah that will bring an end to the problems--and remember, all it takes is for a few freethinkers to rebel against a corrupt, scam-filled rubbish dump and build a great nation within the scale of 20 years or so. Not Jehovah.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

So the toes have no significant meaning to the image? What about this little piggie went to the market, and this little piggie stayed home

and this little piggie had roast beef, and this little piggie had none,and this little piggie cried we, we, we, all the way home.

The 9 G.B. members are the toes the 10th is extra salt. Hell, we throw that away.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

i thought there was an 8th king

• mP
    mP

The number seven strikes again! The WTS should tell all JWs to wear the number of "7" or at the very least say Raul or Cristiano are the messiah returned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit