Study WT June 2012 - we are living in the days of the 7th head!!!

by Sapphy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Well, it's officailly in print now. The 10 toes of the statue have no significance.

That was worth going to last summer's covention to find out wasn't it!

I'm fading and still attend some meetings, so I'm still fluent in current theocrapic pure language, but read this quote from the new WT and see if it doesnt scream freaky deaky cult at you. (This quote is not edited).

page 18 pp19:

"We are living in the days of the seventh head. No more heads will appear on this beast before it is annihilated. The Anglo-American world power will be the dominant world power when false religion is eradicated. The prophecies of Daniel and John have been fulfilled to the smallest detail..."

The truncated style of writing and the short sentences containing unsupported assertions made me check that I wasn't quoting from the WT for Kids who cant read good version, but no, that quote is from the 'normal' WT.

:rofl:

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

More thoughts here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/223104/1/WT-June-15-on-jw-org We must have been posting about the same time :-D

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

"We are living in the days of the seventh head. No more heads will appear on this beast before it is annihilated. The Anglo-American world power will be the dominant world power when false religion is eradicated.

They never learn do they!

After the Cold War, only the United States appeared to fulfill the criteria to be considered a world superpower. [2] The term second superpower has also been applied by scholars to the possibility that China will emerge as a superpower on par with the United States. [3] [4] [5] Brazil, the European Union, andIndia are thought to have the potential of achieving superpower status within the 21st century [6] A few heads of states [7] [8] , politicians [9] and news analysts [10] claim that Russia may have already reclaimed that status. [11] [12] [13] [14]

Some people doubt the existence of superpowers in the post Cold War era altogether, stating that today's complex global marketplace and the rising interdependency between the world's nations has made the concept of a superpower an idea of the past and that the world is nowmultipolar. [15] [16] [17] [18]

• TOTH
    TOTH

China EMERGE as a superpower? I think China was one before the USA & USSR were....That is one scary powerful nation.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Hello Sapphy,

The seven heads do not represent the passage of time, at least in my reading of Revelation. To understand the seven heads you have to understand why the number seven is used in the first place. To figure this out you needn't read further than verse twenty in the first chapter:

Revelation 1 - 19 “Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later. 20 The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lampstands is this: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.

^ This is just an artful way of describing the heavens at the known time. There are seven stars that were known about: the sun, the moon and the five naked eye planets. I believe this to be a representation of a heavenly government with each naked eye star (or planet) a council member and the sun and the moon having special emissary roles. The seven lampstands are the human element of the government which stand for the values of the seven stars. In fact it could be said that the lampstands are given light by the stars.

The entity in Revelation then states seven groups of behaviours, some good and some bad. One group, the 5th group has nothing but good said about it. So what is seven? It seems to represent holy authority in various stages of development. If this is true then the seven heads of the Wild Beast of the Sea would then present itself as the opposing authority to God or the entity allegedly speaking in Revelation.

To say that the seven heads represent the passage of time is inconsistent with the themes of the book of Revelation. Revelation 11 for instance speaks of passages of time:

1 I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. 2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. 3 And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.” 4 They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.” 5 If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die. 6 They have power to shut up the heavens so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.

The holy city is trampled for 42 months and the "two witnesses" will prophecy for 1,260 days which is the same as 42 months just days instead of months. Also what's important to note is that 42 months, or 1,260 days is exactly 3.5 years which is half of 7 years. This means that both good and evil are given equal time with authority. Good chooses to errect the churches and evil chooses to create a wild beast of war and glory and gets a harlot to control it.

-Sab

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

Don't forget the "day for a year" principle that must be applied: The 2 witnesses will prophesy for 1,260 years, putting the end at 3174 CE. And the 42 months are also 42 months of weeks of years, so 42 x 7 = 294 years, meaning the Holy City will be trampled on until 2208 CE.

Prove me wrong.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Prove me wrong.

Can do. The 1260 days is just another way of saying 42 months. The book is saying that good and evil have equal periods where they get the advantage (based on their past moves because of cause and effect), but always take opposite angles within the same space and time. If you are going to apply a day for a year you must account for the full seven years (42 months + 1260 days) of days which would be 2520 days, or years.... yeah remember that number!

This, to me, if anything indicates a full cycle or age. Other cultures have their ages spanning 2150 years. This is only relevent IF you apply the day for a year principle which is just an induction of logic in the first place. A better interpretation, in my opinion, would indicate 7 Years being represenative of an unknown span of time of which good and evil are given equal opportunity in different, but balanced ways.

Lets just skip to the end of this epic, shall we?

The Heavenly Warrior Defeats the Beast

11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.”

19 Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army. 20 But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. 21 The rest were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.

So, in the end, Jesus, a Christian Samurai, comes in and throws down ninja style. Of course his weapon is what it always was: his mouth or the Sword of Truth.

-Sab

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

There's no reason whatsoever to spell out 1260 days one way and 42 months another way if it's supposed to mean the same thing. The fact that one is specifically 42 months and the other is specifically 1260 days has to have a significance; you can't just say "they're the same thing" without any proof.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    There's no reason whatsoever to spell out 1260 days one way and 42 months another way if it's supposed to mean the same thing. The fact that one is specifically 42 months and the other is specifically 1260 days has to have a significance; you can't just say "they're the same thing" without any proof.

^ Is A identical to B? Yes. Is there a difference between A and B? Yes they are opposites.

-Sab

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

Logical fallacy: Strawman. 10 yard penalty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit