by Kool Jo 62 Replies latest jw friends

• laverite
    laverite

Kool Jo, I agree with Flipper that it's really good to have you here. Try to go slowly and not pressure yourself too much -- at least at first. Take all the time that you need and want to do things the right way for you, whatever that is. I've seen some threads where people jump on folks for not doing things more in line with a timeline that they themselves think would be appropriate. Ignore those posts! Whatever you decide -- whether it's staying in, leaving soon, fading slowly, whatever...it's you and your life and no one else's. Just give yourself enough time to figure it out and don't let anyone put pressure on you, especially from this board. The fact is, none of us walks in your shoes. Trust your own judgement and know that there will be many here who will be here to be supportive.

Things seen cannot be unseen and you cannot unlearn the truth about "The Truth" once you know it for what it is.

Wishing you all the best on this challenging journey!

LaVérité

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

@laverlite: Thanks for your comment...you're correct in saying that once you learn the facts about the WTBS...there is no going back...even if I wanted to stay in indefinately because of my family, I don't think I could live in such denial forever. When I first came on this site & subsequently became a "lurker" over the past couple of months...what I read just blew me away. Then i used the net to verify what I read on the forums and i'm convinced now that the WTBS has been hiding lots of stuff or have a way of denying what they've printed by saying it was a "misunderstanding/new light" ect...

Peace

Kool Jo

• tornapart
    tornapart

Kool Jo, there's a website called jwstruggle.com that's really good for JWs who are having doubts, fading or left and want answers, the 'what do I do next' or 'what do I believe now' kind of thing. I've found it really helpful. Some good articles there. Have a look if you haven't already.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit