mankind drives humanity forward not theocracy

by Star tiger 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Hi,

The Gods of the magic books of religion have been proved as useless in the modern age, treating women as second class citizens, gay people not deserving of basic rights, and we're all going to be saved, lol, if we don't let injured persons have blood transfusions, it's time mankind had total free range at our destiny , we can do it on our own, let's forget looking to God's, we now have the technology and know how to do it on our own, the time for God's has gone, they had their own agenda.

It was nothing to do with the human family, they just like playing with us like ants!!!

Let's have a big round of applause for our scientists and technologists who work fearlesly for more cure for our ailments, whilst God's does nothing but blame us for things they would be easily able to cure!!!

Regards,

Star Tiger

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Hi,

It's funny how during several of my previous posts and this one, how people never comment on how mankind can never sort out their own problems, are you all so needy to have a supernatural solution for these things that plague humanity, if this God or God's could deal with it , why haven't these things been dealt with by now!

Regards,

Star Tiger

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

A supernatural solution is unavoidable and is welcome.

But till then we have to put our a*** down and work for it!

NOLAW

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Mankind is absolutely in control of his own destiny. It's been that way all along.

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Hi,

I know a lot of you American people don't like Ayn Rand's thought's but I think that if every person makes a hero out of there own person and respects everyone else, we don't need a God or God's, we can do it for ourselves!!

Regards,

Star Tiger

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Well let's not make god's out of other persons eh? Particularly those as flawed as Ayn Rand.

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Hi,

I'm not saying Ayn Rand's right I'm just saying that her ideas aren't any worse than the GB's that they put upon the rank and file of their congregations!

Regards,

Star Tiger

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    I'm not saying Ayn Rand's right I'm just saying that her ideas aren't any worse than the GB's that they put upon the rank and file of their congregations!

No, that's hardly possible is it? Even so, there are a myriad of admirable humans throughout history. I agree with your title

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't believe God and traditions need be dismissed. God hasn't done a great job. Humans have not done much better. We are so materialistic in America. I argue that there is room for both. They are not contradictory. As a member of a mainstream Protestant religion, I am offended that you paint Christianity as though all Christians were ignorant fundamentalists.

I have been exposed to very sophisticated religious bodies. Progressive Christianity is a vital force.

It blows my mind how with today's access to information and education, college educated people believe in fundamentalism. Perhaps I am so acclimated to a certain view that I cannot see the merits of their position. The Bible and Christ can be studied with ease once certain factual matters are understood. Most people have no clue what other religions teach. As someone posted recently, geography is the determinant of belief. I doubt I would be Christian if I were born in India, China, or the Middle East. My beliefs are important to me but I can't deny that I am a product of my culture.

• Star tiger
    Star tiger

Hi,

BOTR, I'm sorry if I have offended your belief, I meant to assume that humanity does not need a supernatural belief, we can do it on our own, humanity is run by a bunch a idiots, but as God is a no show, we don't have much alternative, do we!

Regards,

Star Tiger

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit