Does the WT still use Zech.8:23 as a last days prophecy ? In veiw of the fact (evidently) the numbers of converts are decreasing worldwide ?

by smiddy 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    We are now spending 1trillion hours in the ministry what an awesome mile stone, doesn't matter that no one got baptized, we are truly blessed.
  • Bobcat
    Bobcat

Smiddy:

Here is some research I did on Zech 8:23 and Isa 45:14. This link is to another board. I have the same reference material posted here, but ever since the new format I haven't been able to locate it via the search function.

The gist of it is this: Paul alludes to Zech 8:23 and Isa 45:14 at I Cor 14:25. His alluding to it indicates that he understood those verses to having a fulfillment with the influx of Gentiles into the Christian congregation, with the congregation being in the place of the Jew in the prophecy of Zechariah.

Curiously enough, the NWT places Zech 8:23 and Isa 45:14 in the reference column at 1 Cor 14:25. But I could never find any WT commentary that makes any application of those verses to 1Cor 14:25.

In WT theology, Zech 8:23 is applied to the great crowd which survives the still future great tribulation, and thus, from the WT viewpoint, Zech 8:23 and Isa 45:14 could never have fulfillment in the 1st century.

Bobcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit