Are major earthquakes on the increase??

by Vanderhoven7 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I think that Larsinger is correct in this thread. I have noticed that the same word for Earthquakes is translated "agitation" elsewhere. I agree with him

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I agree, i dont think Jesus meant earthquakes. He was addressing issues related to people, mankind, and not the planet - how people who change gradually and negatively towards the end.

Although again, i dont see how this can be measured, since there is greater number of people and thus greater number of disturbances for that simple fact.

• sizemik
    sizemik

I can only provide anecdotal evidence from my own experience . . .

But major earthquakes have declined significantly over the last three months where I live.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hmmmm...no sizemik increase - eh?

P.S. In case anyone wants to chime in.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

But if earthquakes doesn't literally mean earthquakes, then what do all those other signs on the end times mean ?

Messiah can you help us out on this ?

• Londo111
    Londo111

And in answer Jesus said to them: “Look out that nobody misleads YOU; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will mislead many. Y OU are going to hear of wars and reports of wars;see that YOU are not terrified. For these things must take place, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another."--Matthew 24:4-7.

I believe what is being said here is a warning against being misled that the End is immanent, either by someone claiming to be the anointed or a prophet . In the same breath about rumors of wars and not being terrified, events such as war, famine, earthquakes, pestilence are brought up. It seems that what is being said here is these common events cannot be used to pinpoint the Second Advent, because it will happen "at an hour that YOU do not think to be it", when people are "eating and drinking" and carrying out normal activities.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Too bad fear mongering charlatans who own and operate a religious publishing house and other End Times Adventists don't accurately read

and interpret the bible with pure honesty and integrity. They have a way of adulterating the bible Scriptures for their exploitive means.

But still the WTS. has been like a typical false prophet and profiter $$$ that the bible shows viable calculable dates for this event.

No wonder why many religions frown and dissuade people from reading and studying the bible on themselves.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes, earthquakes are misleading signs of the end. I believe that end referred to the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple. The disciples were to know the exact moment to flee. The WTS has missapropriated and misapplied these verses. That's what I am out to challenge.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Religions like the JWs selectively choose scripture as a plausible means of exploation as an effort toward their own notoriety self empowerment

as well for some like the WTS. to gain financially. The WTS. shows clearly that you can form a publishing business around an orchestrated

and supporting religion and create an illusion that its not a business operating behind a carefully disguised curtain of religious virtuosity.

The WTS. had to attract the publics attention to its published works, its just that it did so in a very deliberately dishonest way to achieve

those goals.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

We did have a spike of them in 2010-11. Where are they all now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit