I used Skype!

by mrsjones5 12 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Last night I got a called from a lovely chap from the board named Barry from Australia. It was a lovely conversation. I even got to hear his kids and wife in the background. I hope to chat with Barry again in the near future. I hadn't looked at my Skype account and I noticed that a few others from the board had called too. I'm sorry I missed your calls guys and I do plan on calling you back.

Too cool.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I love skype. I kept in touch with a friend who moved to Korea through skype---and when I reunited with family, I talked to them on skype conference months before I saw them in person. I've talked to one member of this board on skype too.

Everytime I use it, I think of the Jetsons.

NC

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's great. My husband uses Skype all the time. He as a few friends in England and one in New Zealand. I've never had a reason to use it but duh I know folks from here so it's perfect and best of all it's free.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

I use Skype for videoconferencing and international calls.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

The downside---I hafta do my hair and makeup! LOL

I dated a guy once who lived some distance. We saw each other in RL---but not nearly enough. While we were working out the logistics and deciding if the effort was worth it, skype was very important. I wouldn't even have considered such a thing without it. But we decided it wouldn't work out, and we didn't need to move closer together. Thanks Skype!

NC

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Skype keeps me from having to fly up north to those ugly cities in winter (as much).

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

New Chapter - I guess I'm the only one here who doesn't know where "RL" is, could you enlighten me please ?

• JeffT
    JeffT

Last week our daughter, who is going to grad school in Boulder CO, read a chapter of Harry Potter to our granddaughter (her niece) via skype. We live 1300 miles away, near Seattle. What a great thing!

• deep-blue-sea
    deep-blue-sea

I also love Skype!

I can see and talk each day to my daughter and my grandson, (they are leaving far from us) follow his improvements, see him while he started to walk, when he started eating and drinking by himself, when he plays with their cat, when he tries to formulate words and sentencies...well.. I'm so glad, the distance seems to be shorter. A very big THANKS to Skype!

Regards, Claudia

• talesin
    talesin

I really, really, want to get a camera for my d/t, so I can Skype with my one relative who keeps in touch (he's far, far away). Tks for sharing, mrsjones, and it's on my list!

xo

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit