are jw the most dispised religion by the public?

by mP 28 Replies latest jw friends

• mP
    mP

i remember going to a new school, and before i said anything there were a few kids poking fun at jehovah. jehovah this and that . at no stage did i ever hear anyone mention any other god or religion in conversation or playground banter. the area was really well worked thus the jws had a high profile and the message got out even if it was not wanted. this was about twenty years ago.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Kids will pick on anything that is different. School yard bullies do not the world make. Honestly, in the real world, JWs are minor players. As far as real religous persecution, JWs have it pretty easy compared to some.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Maybe in Rutherford's time, since he sent the JW lambs out to the "slaughter" with instructions to play his obnoxious voice on the phonograph records, railing against "Christendom"...

But nowadays I'd suspect that the most despised religion - at least here in America - would be Islam...

With the Scientologists a close second...???

• still thinking
    still thinking

I think the general public see JW's as no more than a joke. Most of the time they are not given a second thought unless it is to take the piss.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

JW = joke, muslims are getting the brunt of the hate I suspect

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I too agree that Islam is the most hated or despised religion in the US. In regards to JW's, I think that despise is too a strong word, and I would imagine that people are more annoyed by them more than anything.

• Gayle
    Gayle

A lot despise the Westboro Baptist Church for their protests at funerals.

Actually in the U.S.,JWs are not despised,,they are considered a bother calling at people homes but most just don't answer the door. Most don't know much about JWs. Of course, many in medical world do, due to blood transfusion issue. Teachers know a little because of JW students because of flag/holiday issues. But JWs are usually just considered weird with not much more thought.

• TOTH
    TOTH

Not as much as the wts wants people to think they are. when I was in school I got lots of flack from my first grade teacher in particular. But not from the kids. later on I caught some flack from a few kids. But what really stood out to me was in high school there was a small group of bible thumping Christian kids who really got a lot of heat. Knowing the pain they felt, I refrained from taunting and bullying them. But they were called the BLOODY GOD SQUAD, Bible beaters, and had all manner of insult laid upon them. Worse than anything I got from kids at school.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Muslims . . .

JW's . . .

• still thinking
    still thinking

that looks about right to me sizemik

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit