Here's your Chance to own a CT Russell Dec. 1, 1916 Memorial Watchtower

by ohiocowboy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

This Ebay auction is NOT mine, and I hold no affiliation whatsoever to the seller. I am posting this in case someone wants to own a piece of Watchtower history. I would bid myself, but can't at this time, and would love for a fellow Apostate to own it! The auction ends in about 40 minutes.

Sorry, I do not mean add Spam to the board, but this is Watchtower related, and there are many here who would love to own this Watchtower.

Watchtower

Of course, you can always buy this for me as a gift! lol Just kidding!

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

(never mind)

• ziddina
    ziddina

Not a problem, man...

I've posted many links to used book stores that sell old Watchtower literature.

I've personally purchased Watchtower books dating from 1908 thru 1974; and I frequently encourage people to pick up the old literature whenever they can...

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I have seen one of these issues before, and on the back page it has a full page photo of Russell with his Victorian Manly Man beard. If I am not mistaken it also contains his will as well as other pictures. It is an important Watchtower edition.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I have an 1895 Issue of the Watchtower, and it is a neat conversation piece, and it is fun to occasionally take it out of the frame to look through it and read the articles. Likewise I have a few Studies in the Scriptures books, as well as the "Children" book, and a couple of others, one that is rare.

What were you going to say llamall???

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

A couple of years ago, someone listed a first edition Watchtower from July 1, 1879. It sold for a little over $1,200. That particular issue is considered the Holy Grail of Watchtower mags. I hope it went to someone who appreciated it instead of the WTBTS who would only hide it under lock and key.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Contains his will???

Innnnnnnnnnnteresting....

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Yes, I believe it has his will. I think that you can find his will on the net. It is fun to read.

Speaking of that kind of thing, I have a copy of the original Deed for Beth Sarim. It is a hoot to read, because on the Deed it actually lists the Bible men who the house was supposedly intended for. I imagine that Rutherford would have been drinking a lot of bathtub Gin in order to keep a straight face while watching the recorders of the deed write that lying drivel...

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

8 minutes to go and still at $41 US. That's a good price for that particular issue.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

It just ended at $65 US. That was a fair price for being in such good condition. I hope that a Non-JW got it, and that they are able to use it to help expose the lies of the WTBTS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit