My Wedding Anniversary

by TOTH 16 Replies latest jw friends

• TOTH
    TOTH

I am happy to announce that today marks 22 years of married bliss to the most beautiful girl on earth. My lovely wife was always being harassed by the local overlords for wearing TOO MUCH makeup, having her hair TOO WILD, and for not being submissive to them. When we began dating the overlords pressured me to get her to change. I resisted totally. When we got engaged, the pressure increased. Again I resisted completely. And after we were married they sat me down for the last time and said that she was a rebel and had to be reined in. If I did NOT force her to change I would not be allowed any privileges. I told them that I fell in love with her as she was and was NOT going to do a THING to make her conform to their rules. And by the way...The priviliges were THEIR'S to dole out as they pleased. I never asked them for any and they could assign them to anyone they felt like assigning them to.

My wife is more beautiful today than she ever was. An indivdual that is feisty and with a unique and special beauty beyond compare. I wouldn't change a thing about her except make her healthy again.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Congrats on so many levels. You're a lucky man!

00DAD

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Wish you many more years together!

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

Wish you many more years together!

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Happy Anniversary!

What a sweet story, that you loved your wife for who she was and didn't try to change her.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!

• finally awake
    finally awake

Happy Anniversary! and good for you not trying to change her into a Stepford Witness Wife

• TOTH
    TOTH

Thanks everyone!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I missed this yesterday and I wish you a belated congratulations for the 22nd anniversary of your nuptials.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit