Hubby is doing research on D'fing to present to the CO

by cognac 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

It sounds like he wants to be disfellowshipped. Good luck to you both. I hope it turns out in the best way for both of you to go on with your lives.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

DFing is not about love, or keeping the cong clean. It has only been used strongly for the last 30 years that should tell you something about its legitimacy.

DFing ia bout stopping people that leave talking to people that respect that person. DFing became big when people started disagreeing with biblical translation and GB decisions (read CoC by Franz).

If DFing was about love, then they would DF people even after years of fading from a JW, but they dont, because its about whether you will interact with other JW's and cause them to question the cult.

So do they give a monkees crap what your intepretation of those verses are? Nup. Lets see if they say "oooh new light" or "please refrain from repeating your thoughts to anyone... or YOU will be DF'd." lets see xxx But be careful x

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

You have to remember that co's come and they go. They have as much authority as a hot dog vendor.

• Ding
    Ding
    He says, "I don't want to tell them they are wrong, just that the light needs to get brighter".

You know what the CO will say to that: "Wait on Jehovah, brother. Don't run ahead of Jehovah's chariot."

Of course, this assumes that the WTS is really God's organization and that God is responsible for all the false teachings.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hubby can come up with lots of logical arguments against JWs non-scriptural disfellowshipping procedure.

The CO will just forward it to the branch.

In response, they'll probably form a judicial committee to try to scare him into turning off his brain and quit questioning the authority of the "slave".

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

You might want to point out that publicly announcing in front of a congregation of a person who is deemed to be behaving wrongly

is not supported by scripture.

All the bible states is to warn people who might be behaving wrongly as to not associate with the wicked for they too may fall into wicked ways.

What the WTS. does is going beyond what is written in Scripture.

• dozy
    dozy

Remember that COs get every fruitcake in the congregation coming up to them every visit wanting some kind of special attention. (BTW - i'm not suggesting that your hubby is a fruitcake - just that he will probably be regarded as such.) A sister in my old congregation regularly used to give the CO a letter stating what she regarded as the problems in the congregation & what the elders should do about it. ( We used to have a bit of a chuckle at some of her comments - some of her criticism of the other elders was accurate but what she said about me was , of course , complete tosh! )

At best the CO will just smile sweetly & somewhat patronisingly & thank him for the research which will be dumped in the recycling bin in the Kingdom Hall.

• mind blown
    mind blown

It sounds like your husband has been doing some critical thinking!

I heard as long as your husband doesn't share his info with anyone else in the congregation, show dissent, or say he's questioning if the WTS is gods org., he should be fine. Not sure going to the Co will make any difference (more for hubby's benefit) Changes are handed down from the the top of the Borg., I don't see one little CO having any influence in change.

If anything, your husband may begin seeing what a sham the WTS really is. Oh and I'm sure the CO will have him marked/watched by the elders now, to see if he'll start promoting future problems in your KH.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

sorry to say, but all this effort of bringing this up to the CO, amounts to a tremendous waste of time.

Do you know how many letters bethel gets from around the world, confronting, exposing, complaining about different issues? Even if he fowarded this to bethel, they would put it the big bin in the service department, and have the company boy do a diagonal reading on all of them, followed by a big hug on all the letters and into the recycling bin.

The only thing your hubby is accomplishing is to become marked. The CO will without a doubt speak to the elders to "keep an eye on him".

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I feel so sorry for your husband, because he seems to think the Watchtower gives a flying fig about congregants. Look at the few examples of the uncaring attitude:

Until 1974 husbands having sex with animals or other men wasn't scriptural grounds to divorce for jw women.

Until the early 1990's, a jw woman leaving an abusive husband wasn't even considered. And recent literature praised a woman for staying with her abusive husband for years, because he eventually became a jw. Even if a jw woman leaves an abusive husband, the Watchtower permits him to continue controlling her life, because she isn't free to remarry unless she can prove adultery on his part.

The Watchtower's condoning and covering up of child molestation was brought to light in the early 2000's, yet the two witness policy is still in effect. The elders were forced to testify against an admitted child molestor just a few years ago in the Gilbert Simental trial in Murietta, CA.

Sick, sick, sick!

Why not have your husband research some of these injustices as well? Maybe his eyes will be opened to the evil of this vile corporation. Then he'll understand that he has no need to prove anything to the CO, because the higher ups in the borg already know what atrocities have taken place and are still ongoing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit