Do Jehovah witnesses exploit the most vulnerable in society?

by Blind_Of_Lies 37 Replies latest jw friends

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

There are other means for a mentally challanged, disturbed, or needy person to be helped than to get involved in a life sucking, judging cult. Just because those type people are accepted in to the congregation doesn't mean those same people are not made to feel insufficient, scared of deamons around each corner, or treated badly by some of the congregation. It just isn't healthy. Escaping from reality is not a safe thing for ANYONE.

That said, of course individual JWs can be very loving and giving, and some will bend over backwards to help, but, this same thing can be said for the numerous religious people, agnostics, and athiests. The JW organization ( and other such mind control groups) lovebombing is deceptive, and just wrong. It does not last which is in and of itself damaging. It is a tool for recruitment but the ignorant people do not understand that. ( Highly intelligent, emotionally needy people or mentally challanged people alike.)

I love my JW raised husband, but hate the JW mindset, and the organization looming in his mind at the ready to pounce on any vulnerability for him to give himself over to the WT. To me, it's like living with a cancer in remission. Just waiting... Insidious, decietful and so damaging. Phyiscally out for nearly 30 years but mentally he was still trapped, and I was so ignorant and nieve about it all. It is so very sad not to be able to plan on the future with him, not knowing when the tide might turn, not to feel the marriage is safe.

My goal is to inform those who are not aware of what the JW are. To help educate the public about the dangerous nature of this mind control organization, and the stranglehold it has on so many, even if they are inactive. I want to help at least one person not to be fooled into in a situation like me, in a marriage with a child without really knowing the real nature of the teachings, and the full hold the WT has on a still "mentally in" JW ( baptised or not).

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I agree, although I would hesitate to call love-bombing a "tool" because it's not something that JWs employ intentionally. There's no training or articles that encourage them to do more than simply welcome people to the meetings; it's mostly a natural response from people desperate to have new fellow believers, which cools off once the person is no longer a new face.

Although there are other avenues to help needy ones, I'm not aware of any support groups or governments that send people door to door looking to help people. So it's not surprising that JWs are effective at claiming these people. Many people won't even answer the door if they don't know who's at it, because they have no need for a stranger at their door to offer them anything. Whereas there are people who are praying to God for help, for a sign, for answers, and then, bam, one day the JWs call after they were praying, and this one (not such a) coincidence motivates them to join the religion.

So it's hard to see how we can undercut the Society in their ability to reach these people unless there were qualified clinical workers proactively going door-to-door offering help to people. Or, at the very least, if ex-Witnesses went out in their own kind of ministry to give an anti-witness (though negative messages are not anywhere near as effective as positive ones). It seems that Witnesses are the only people who are sufficiently motivated to spend time going to people's doors, however.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

"low hanging fruit" is easier to pick...

So "yes"...Witnesses appeal to such ones.....

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think the mentally venerable would be a little more accurate, such as people who are going through some stress or strenuous problem

in their life, such as a divorce, a death of a loved one, a poor annihilating social life, even the naivety of youth who are so more

open minded to things. Of course there are also ones who are suffering from a true medical mental disorder such as paranoid schizophrenia and alike.

Human psychology is varied and precarious as the open seas, so the answer to the posed question would be yes.

I think it should be added that the WTS mostly exploits the beliefs in the bible above anything else and their so called direct connection to the almighty one.

From there they offer a resolve perhaps for people who are desperately looking for direction or answers in their lives.

But there's usually a catch along the way, that first appealing love that you first receive when first attending the meetings at the Kingdom Halls,

reduces eventually to guilt, anxiety, frustration and unhappiness, mostly from the deviously concocted doctrines that originally attracted the individual

in the first place and the never ending push to do more and be more for the organization.

An over abundance of oppression and high controlling factors adds to the feeling of discontentment .

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

No, they try to exploit everyone. The most vulnerabler, however, are just that: vulnerable.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

That is the reason the F.O.G method works on such ones!

Fear

Obligation

Guilt

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

on the positive side of it however, those who have been mentally troubled with the stress of life who has no one to help them, cult or not, sometimes they at leas t have something to look forward to once or twice a week, and thats getting out of the house and to a meeting. it give them self worth and they feel wanted. for some this can save their sanity. cult or not.

there must be a real balancing act, not letting those ones bleed you of your energy, while at the same time studying with them and getting them to meetings. they think they are servng God, well so be it. but there are unfortunately those who should not be expected to go out door to door.

at all . I dont think the jws should have ever stated that door to door is a requirement, it should have been a choice. and no one should have been judged less faithfull for it if they did not.

on another note, in my opinion children have no buisness being in door to door service.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One must keep in mind that the core operation of this religious organization is an operating publishing house.

Even the main doctrines have been devised from out of that operation.

Its called preaching the Gospel by the leaders of the WTS.

Of course now after more than 100 years have passed and there is nothing to show of any viability to the WTS.

proclamations of mankind living in the last days, is starting to pose a problem for this religious organization. ........ ooopsy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit