What is Most Essential for HAPPINESS, ?

by caliber 17 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

something to DO, someone to LOVE, or something to HOPE for ...do you need all or just some of these for a fulfilling life ?

which one is most essential or are all equal in importance ?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Beer

• caliber
    caliber

that would be something to hope for I guess hahahaha!

• moshe
    moshe

The mental abilty to forget the problems of the past- you can only be happy in the present.

• Twitch
    Twitch

a warm gun...

• Dagney
    Dagney

(@ Twitch: )

Being at peace with yourself.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    What is Most Essential for HAPPINESS

Christ God's Son

which one is most essential or are all equal in importance

This is an interesting question caliber. I like it. I have come to my own conclusion that life is to find balance. We are not capable to judge what is more important or less important. So when the Society teaches preaching is most important they make themselves judges of degrees. I have imagined that the Lord's prayer can be superimposed upon the happinesses found at Matthew 5:3-11. In order. But it is not recommended by Bible to add weight to any part of it. It is all to be weighed the same imho.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Self Respect

• N.drew
    N.drew
    Self Respect

I believe there is a problem if self respect is the most essential for happiness. It is my opinion that the Governing Body members respect themselves. Also a mass murderer might respect himself. I think happiness is essential for going forward. Some people should not go forward to do what they do.

• caliber
    caliber

Humans are social, and wither and die in isolation. Someone to love also bestows hope.

Mindless doing without love or hope is quite meaningless, and will never fill the emptiness that lack of love or hope will surely cause.

There is one step to creating happiness. It is to express love. When you express the emotion of love you create happiness and joy within yourself. Happiness is not just a state of mind. Happiness is also a state of emotion.
    It is easy to overlook our critical role of expressing emotion in creating our happiness. We are inclined to think of our emotions as a response to people and material things

http://www.pathwaytohappiness.com/create_happiness.htm

Love and happiness need to be entwined... because it is outward expressing of our love that creates inward feelings of happiness . Happiness springs from inward to outward. It dwells within us , it is not for other people to determine our ultimate happiness or unhappiness .

Happiness may take many forms but it is the underlying motivator in most of our decisions .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit