The TENSION of unbearable BELIEF

by Terry 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• glenster
    glenster

PS: in taking this affectation to the extent of letting people get hurt or
    killed needlessly (Nazi Germany, hospitals, etc.), I think of the psychology
    of people in organized crime who can kill like they're watching someone
    else act the role on TV. They don't care--they're just thinking of the
    money they're coming into.

For example, Popoff, having used his reciever to get followers to think
    God healed them through him, telling these followers to throw their
    prescription bottles onstage, which a video shows them doing. Some
    could have thrown away life-sustaining medications for diabetes or
    heart problems.

• Terry
    Terry

The peculiar phenomenon of BELIEF is that it is played "deuces wild"!

Once you detach your thinking from the practical world and allow the "faith world" to be treated on par with reality--anything is anything and

no alarm bells will go off at all.

It is like cutting the wires on your home alarm system. Anybody can break in.

Cause and effect do not operate as in the practical everyday world when you rely on FAITH.

The most devout JW I know was like this until his son's wife (whom my friend absolutely adored) needed BLOOD for a leukemia treatment.

Then, he suddenly went totally rational about it and urged his son to allow the blood for his daughter-in-law.

Afterward, he said he went into a kind of amnesia-trance and never thought another thought about what he'd done!

• bioflex
    bioflex

@Terry: As much as i respect your level of intellect, i think you tend to condemn the things you do not understand. Your assumption that all christians base their beliefs and faith on impractical thinking is dead wrong. You cant judge all christians based on the flawed logic of WTS. All that matters to me is i practical proof based on by belief and faith in Christ. Perhaps you should stop judging and see for yourself.

• N.drew
    N.drew

bioflex in Terry's post about he said faith world on par with the real world. I agree. If I could ever write a book I think it would be called The Science of Faith. Terry posts about substituting faith for reality. True faith is in harmony with reality and explains it, in my opinion. If the faith of the Christ can explain reality then it cannot be substituted for reality. One cannot stand FOR the other one. They are two different things. To make faith reality can be very dangerous as the world has come to know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit